29.

5 years later

i walked onto the plane to head back to the states again.

after i arrived back home, i worked on myself and continued to a healthy weight.

i attended bee's parents trial and they ended up getting 10 years without parole for attempted murder through a hit man. they were hysterical.

i was now 120 lbs and have been there for about 3 years without too many mess ups.

i was facetiming calum constantly and keeping in touch throughout school.

he and the boys were on zoom when i graduated and now were letting me stay with them as i studied abroad in the states for a research semester.

eventually the plan landed and i gathered my stuff before walking out of the plane.

as soon as i caught a glimpse of calum i went running at him.

"cal!" i yelled as i jumped into his arms.

"liyah! oh my god, hi! you look so great!" he smiled as he hugged me tightly.

"you look exactly the same!" i laughed as i pulled away.

"wow, thanks." he spoke with an eye roll.

"where are the rest of the boys?" i asked.

"home." calum smiled.

i nodded and went to grab my luggage. we drove back to their house and i immediately ran inside.

i saw michael and ashton standing there frozen.

"oh my gosh! mickey you bleached your hair!" i laughed as i ran at them and gave them a hug.

"yeah! do you like it?" he asked.

"of course." i smiled softly.

all of a sudden, luke came walking in from the room over.

he grew his hair out and oh my gosh, he was so hot.

"i don't even recognize you." i chuckled as i walked over and gave him a huge hug.

"i could say the same for you." luke laughed.

we all ate dinner together before i walked up to the room i stayed in when i first came to the states.

it was exactly the same.

i sat on the bed and looked around.

"feeling nostalgic?" luke asked as he leaned against the door frame.

"oh yeah." i replied as i stared at him.

"want to go for a drive down memory lane?" he asked.

"sure." i replied softly as we walked downstairs.

all of the boys must be out or upstairs because i didn't see them.

i hopped into the car and we drove off.

"it's funny because this is where i first told you that i knew you liked me." luke chuckled.

"trust me, as a 16 year old teenager, i never forgot that." i laughed.

"do you still like me?" luke asked as he pulled the car over to a park.

"i don't know, possibly?" i replied with a red face.

it was silent for a moment before luke spoke up.

"i didn't really realize i liked you until you were gone. you were my brother's little sister and a minor, i knew nothing could happen." luke spoke quickly.

"but?" i added.

"seeing you as an adult, healthy, and happy has brought back those feelings just as much." luke whispered.

"so to sum this up, you like me?" i asked softly.

luke nodded slowly.

"luke hemmings, just kiss me." i whispered as i leaned in.

he leaned in too and our lips interlocked softly.

"wow." i leaned back breathless.

"i know, i'm a great kisser." he smirked before starting the car back to the house.

"shut up." i whispered.

we pulled into the drive way. i was about to step out when luke gently grabbed my arm.

"so, do i have to ask or?" luke asked awkwardly.

"you're like a school boy asking his crush out." i chuckled.

"will you be my girlfriend aaliyah hood? i know we are 10 years apart, but i really like you." luke spoke softly.

"of course." i smiled as i hugged him.

we walked out of the car holding hands and into the house to see calum standing there.

"no. no fucking way." he spoke slowly.

i stared at him awkwardly before he sat down on a chair.

"it was so damn obvious. all the car rides and secrets." calum sighed.

"you didn't fuck my sister when she was a minor right?" calum spoke looking almost livid.

"no! gosh ew mate!" luke spoke as he scrunched up his nose. "i'm not trying to catch a case."

"it's true. he just asked me out today." i replied with a tiny smile.

"whatever weirdo's. you hurt my sister and you'll find yourself 6 feet underground." calum spoke as he shot a glare at luke.

luke threw his hands up in surrender.

"aw did it finally happen." ashton smiled as he walked downstairs with michael.

"you knew?" calum yelled as he jumped up.

"yeah, i think it was only you." michael spoke as he tried not to laugh.

"luke hemmings, i swear to- "i won't hurt her mate. trust me." luke smiled.

i gave luke a hug before excusing myself to go shower.

i ran upstairs and into the bathroom. i froze and stared at my reflection. i was smiling. i was finally happy.

i showered quickly and walked downstairs to see luke laughing on the couch as calum was getting ready to charge at him.

"you never mentioned he kissed you!" calum yelled as michael and ashton were holding him back.

"i would run if i were you." i chuckled as i looked at luke.

this was just the beginning of the next chapter of my life.