Chapter 10: Hotspot #2

"So wait, Lala's plan to take down Wardog is to kill him?", TC asks.

"That's idiotic", Jenn says.

"Extremely", Grace says.

"Is it?", Anissa asks.

Everyone turns and looks at Anissa.

"It is!", Grace says, "Are you really considering killing someone".

"I mean let's think about this for a second, every time we go against Wardog we get our asses handed to us. How does that make us look as a team?", Anissa says.

"It makes us look strong for not backing down", Grace replies.

"No, it makes us look weak because we can't hold our own", Anissa says, "That let's rival teams know we can easily be taken down".

"So killing him will make them back off or something?", Jenn asks.

"Yes", Anissa says.

"No, it won't, if a rival team wants to come for us that's what they're gonna do, killing someone won't show them that we can't be beat", Jenn states.

"Jenn's right, we don't kill, that rule has been engraved in stone", TC says.

"And look where it's gotten us, we've fought 3 different teams in less than a year", Anissa says.

"I agree with Anissa", Brandon says breaking his silence.

"What?", Jenn says turning to him.

"I mean come on babe, aren't you tired of fighting, it has been one battle after the next, it has to end sometime. You of all people should want to do this, your last battle cost you your powers", Brandon says.

"Don't try to make sense of the stupid ideology Anissa is spewing. I have been hurt the most in this room, but I don't wish death on anyone anymore.", Jenn says.

"But you have in the past, what has changed now?", Anissa asks.

"Morals!", Jenn yells, "Where has yours went? Dad...."

"Dad, killed Tobias, where was his morals in that?", Anissa asks.

"That was an accident and you know it, besides Dad did whatever he had to do to keep Freeland and his family safe", Jenn replies.

"Is that not what we're trying to do?", Anissa asks.

"No, you're trying to kill Wardog as an example", TC replies.

"If it works, it works", Brandon states.

"I can't believe the two of you", Grace says, "We're a team that fights for good, but you two clearly have evil intentions, that we as a team can't stand by".

"You don't speak for the whole team", Anissa says.

"Then let's put it to a vote", Jenn states, "All in favor of standing by our morals and taking down Wardog the right way say I".

Jenn, Grace and TC say I.

"And all in favor of putting an end to this childish game we play with opponents, say I", Anissa says.

Her and Brandon say I. Jenn smiles.

"Majority......", Jenn starts.

"I", Someone says in the doorway.

They turn to see Khalil standing in the door way covered in dirt.

"Khalil....", Jenn says.

Khalil ignores Jenn and walks around the table and stands beside Anissa. Brandon does the same. Grace and TC walk to the other side of the table and stands next to Jenn. Suddenly a flash starts beeping on the hollagram in front of them.