Chapter 9: Scars

Khalil stands over Lala choking him.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?", Khalil screams punching him in the face.

Black veins start creeping up Lala's neck. Lala tries his best to get Khalil off of him. Suddenly Jenn and TC run into the room.

"Khalil, stop , what are you doing?", Jenn asks trying to pull him off of Lala.

Khalil pushes Jenn and she falls back on the floor. TC holds out his hand and throws Khalil across the room.

"She said stop!", TC says.

Lala leans over coughing and spits out blood on the floor.

"That nigga is crazy", Lala says.

Suddenly Brandon runs into the room. He looks over and sees Jenn on the floor and rushes to help her up.

"are you okay?", Brandon asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine", Jenn says brushing herself off.

"What happened?", Brandon asks.

"I don't know, we heard screaming and when we came in here Khalil was choking Lala", TC states.

"And I tried to pull him off but he pushed me on the floor", Jenn says.

Brandon quickly looks over at Khalil angrily. Khalil stands up and takes a deep breath.

"You better have an explanation for what just happened", Brandon says his eyes turning white.

Jenn touches his arm and he calms down. Khalil walks closer to them. TC holds out his hand signaling him to stay back.

"Khalil, what happened", TC says slowly.

"This fool just told me who was responsible for my brother Keenan dying", Khalil says.

"I thought you already knew Lala was responsible", Jenn states.

"That's the thing, it wasn't Lala, it was Tobias, he called the hit not Lala", Khalil replies.

"Wait what?", Jenn asks.

"Yep, it was Tobias", Khalil says.

"Why would Tobias have your brother killed, what connection did he have to anything", Jenn says.

"I don't know, he won't tell me anything else", Khalil replies.

Jenn turns and faces Lala.

"Why can't you tell him?", Jenn asks.

"Because I already told him too much", Lala says.

"Too much, you left him on a cliffhanger", TC says.

"Exactly, how can you withhold that type of information. Here we are helping you and you don't even have the common decency to help Khalil know what happened to his brother", Jenn says.

"Sorry, but I'm not Google, I can't tell you everything you want to know", Lala says.

"Ok, you better get to talking in the next 10 seconds, or I'm gonna start choking you", Brandon says walking up to Lala.

TC jumps in front of everybody.

"Alright, everybody needs to calm down", TC says, "I understands we all want information but knocking a dead horse, when it's already down is too much, so I say we let Lala rest and let him talk when he get's ready".

Khalil pushes past everybody and walks out the door. He leaves the medical room and heads for the front door. Anissa and Grace are walking in holding medical supplies. He pushes through them and heads out the door.