In the yard, Ge Xiufang and his mother, Wang Chunhua, were sitting in the shade with a small round stool, holding a sewing basket in their arms, which was filled with all kinds of needles and threads, rags, scissors in a mess. With a thousand layers of bottom.

The soles are thick, the stitches are fine and dense, and they are neatly arranged. At first glance, they look plain and unpretentious, but when you look closely, they feel extraordinarily delicate.

Cheng Zhou yawned and complained, "Cousin, aunt, are you still picking up the soles of your shoes?"

I saw them making cloth shoes in the morning, but they are still doing it now, and the efficiency is too low.

Ge Xiufang put down her needle and thread, and said disapprovingly, "How can you make shoe soles so fast? It's all done with a lot of effort. It's not that easy to make."

The big-headed wife Wang Chunhua smiled and said, "Xiao Zhou, have you slept well? Are you going to go out?"

"Yes, I'm going out. I seem to have slept for too long at noon, and I'm still a little sleepy now."

Cheng Zhou scooped up a ladle of cold water and poured it into an enamel basin, stood in front of the three-legged washbasin stand, bent over and washed his face hastily.

"I can't sleep anymore, I want to go up the mountain to see it today."

Seeing that Cheng Zhou was willing to go out, Ge Xiufang joked: "I am willing to go out today, so I am not afraid of being surrounded by the elders and aunts in the village to ask questions?"

Speaking of this, Cheng Zhou couldn't help but put on a bitter face: "Cousin-in-law, don't scare me, where are Xiao Ya and Tie Dan?"

Cheng Zhou had no choice but to stay out of the house for the past two days.

Since his registered permanent residence was in the village, every time he went out, a bunch of old men and aunts on the road greeted him enthusiastically and chatted with him, actively introduced his partners one by one, and inquired about his details inside and out, almost without asking him. Eighteen generations of ancestors.

Walking all the way back, Cheng Zhou's face was almost frozen with laughter.

People in this era are mostly simple and honest, but Nai couldn't help being too enthusiastic, and he really couldn't stand it.

Ge Xiufang held back her smile, and pointed to the next door, "It's at Datou's house, what can you do with Tie Dan?"

"I'm going to go up the mountain to have a look and try my luck. Doesn't Tie Dan have a slingshot? I want to borrow it."

Ge Xiufang laughed, "Tie Dan's slingshot was made for him by Wan Shun, so it can be useful for shooting birds."

Cheng Zhou rubbed his feet on the ground, and replied casually: "Try it, you can also use it to shoot mahjong. I have played with a slingshot before, and the accuracy is not bad. Anyway, I have nothing to do if I stay there."

Wang Chunhua raised his eyes and asked curiously, "Did you really catch those two rabbits a few days ago?"

Cheng Zhou waved his hand, "Luck, it's all luck."

Finally, holding a bamboo fan to block the sunlight above his head, he frowned and asked, "Cousin, I also want the straw hat my cousin wears, do you still have it at home?"

Ge Xiufang laughed and said, "Yes, but they were all ruined by Wan Shun. Wearing them can't block the sun much, so it's useless."

In the past two days, she could see that this new little cousin of hers had a good temper, but he was a bit lazy like a spoiled child in the city. Greedy like a child.