Chapter 30

Rayleigh

It feels like I've slowly started to lose my Goddamn mind. I felt so numb and cold inside. I don't know how to function properly anymore. My heart was taken from me.

It's been 17 hours, fifty-two minutes, and thirty-seven seconds since my little Angel was stolen from me. Every second that passes without her in my arms, the harder it becomes to breathe. Like theirs this large weight crushing against my chest that's only getting heavier and heavier to bear.

I had barely felt the burning sensation from a tear as it slid its way down my raw and wet cheeks. I tightened the blanket around my helpless body, shivering from all the torturous thoughts that won't stop playing inside my mind.

God, my sweet baby girl. How many times has she cried for her mother? Is she safe? Is she hurt or scared? Is she cold or hungry? The unknown is literally breaking me.

"Sweetheart," Kaye's soft voice came from beside me as she sat down on the large brown suede sofa. "Don't you think you should try to get some sleep?"

I stared at the warm fire, watching as the flames danced inside the stoned fireplace, listening to the sounds of the wood cracking as it burned. How in the hell could she seriously expect me to sleep without Angel home—where she's safe? And, as far away from that psychotic bitch as humanly possible.

"Come on," Kaye gently rubbed my back. "I'll help you to bed."

"No," I said sternly. "I'm not tired."

"Sweetie, you have bags under your eyes. And, truthfully, you look like death."

I cut my eyes at her. "My daughter's been kidnapped. I could care less what I fucking look like." I snapped.

She removed her hand, taken aback by my harsh tone. "Ray, I understand what you must be feeling,"

"How in the hell do you think you know what I'm fucking feeling?" I jumped to my feet, letting the blanket fall around my feet. I pointed my finger toward the large window in the cabin's large space as my anger began to build. "My daughter is God knows where with a goddamn lunatic." I placed my hands on my hips. "Don't you dare sit there and try to tell me you know what I must be fucking feeling. Unless you're a mother, you could never understand."

Tears began to accumulate in her baby blue eyes. "I hadn't meant that I knew what you were going through, Ray. I guess I worded it wrong. God, sweetheart," she slightly shook her head. "I could never understand what you're going through or how you're feeling." she sniffled. "This is difficult for me." she wiped her cheeks with the sleeve of her shirt. "I normally know what to do or say to help you."

My expression softened. I sat down next to her and she swiftly took my hand into hers.

"I'm so lost. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to help you, Ray." she whimpered.

Kaye has always been my rock. The person I knew I could always count on to help me with any situation that came my way. I know she's only trying to help and here I was, taking every bit of my anger and frustration out on her. She doesn't deserve that.

I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly. "I'm so sorry for being such a bitch." I breathed. "I'm just...shit, I'm fucking scared. I've never felt this kind of pain before, sis. It feels like I'm dead inside."

She pulled away and looked me dead in the eyes. "Ray, listen to me, ok? We are going to find her and bring her home. That, I can promise you."

I sniffled as I swiped the tears from my eyes. Inhaling a deep breath, I gave her a weak smile. "I know. I mean, I have a dangerous and ruthless husband who's got the best of the best in all of New York hunting that bitch down."

She smirked. "I can't wait until they've caught her ass."

"Me either."  Oh, trust me, I've got such special plans for dear ol' Samantha.

"By that look in your eyes, Samantha ought to be scared shitless right now."

Yes, she should...

"Ray," Sophia shouted out of breath as she busted through the cabin's front door. "Brad just called and told me they've finally got her."

I flew to my feet, feeling as if my goddamn heart was going hammer right through my chest. I stood frozen for a nanosecond. 

"W-What?" I'd finally been able to choke out. I began searching the sofa for my phone, wondering why in the hell hasn't Damien called me.

"Your phone was almost dead," Kaye grabbed me by the arm. "
"so, I put it charging for you in the kitchen." she quickly informed, already understanding exactly why I was in such a frantic state.

I ran to the kitchen and immediately scanned the black marbled countertops until finally spotting the phone plugged into the charger next to the round oak dining table.

Picking up the phone, immediately I cursed under my breath." shit. Thirty missed calls," I mumbled aloud.

My hands shook while I pressed Damien's number on my phone. I felt lightheaded. Is Angel ok? Did he find her or just Samantha?

I sucked in a deep breath and held it in as I waited for Damien to answer.

"Baby," he breathed into the phone. "I've been calling and calling," he lightly scolded. "Fuck, if DJ hadn't answered me on the first ring, I would have gone ballistic on him and Noah the moment I arrived," he admitted.

"Where is she?" I couldn't wait any longer. I have got to know—no... I NEEDED to know, now "Where's our daughter, Damien?"

"I've got her right here, babygirl. She's wrapped snuggly in my arms, fast asleep."

I dropped to my knees and began sobbing uncontrollably. Wave after wave of emotions rocked my entire body all at once.

"Oh my God," I cried out. "Where are y'all?" I said through hiccups.

He cleared his throat. "We're just thirty minutes away." his voice sounded thick with emotion. He chuckled lightly. "We're coming, mama," and instantly I began laughing through my emotional breakdown.

After a few minutes of taking deep breaths, I was able to calm myself. "What about Samantha?" I sneered when +1 said the cunts name.

"She's on her way to the wine cellar at the restaurant." when Damien mentioned the wine cellar, I automatically knew he meant that she was actually on her way to one of the metal cells located below the cellar that Pops had built on to the restaurant after he had taken over as the new boss shortly after my great grandparents' murder.

"I told you, baby. I'll never break a promise to you."

God, I'm hopelessly in love with that man.

__________________
Authors Note:

Hey! I hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter. We only have one last chapter remaining! I'm so excited! I won't be able to post the last chapter until after Thanksgiving, so I'll go ahead and thank you for your patience in waiting on the final chapter.

So, what did you all think?

Got any theories?

Any questions?

If you enjoyed it, please, please, please don't forget to hit that star!!

Until next time, 💋
XxToothpick