*28

DAVINA

I paced back and forth, fiddling with my fingers trying to calm my nerves. Why did that idiot ever follow me? My phone vibrated in my pants which I stopped my pacing all together. Looking at the contact, I hesitated but answer the phone call.

"D I had to check up on you. You didn't really eat earlier." I sigh, not in the mood to really talk unless I knew Archer is okay.

"I'm sorry Mir. Just had a lot on my mind." I closed my eyes, rubbing my freehand over my forehead. This stress is starting to get to me and it's not good for me or the baby.

I heard him sigh over the phone, "That Italian cat has been on your mind right?"

Just as I was about to say something, the family doctor finally came out the room with the family nurse. I walked away from them and stopped to finish my conversation with Mir. Only for it to be a short one because I needed to see Archer.

"Mir, can we talk later? I just need to get back to what I was doing." I bit the bottom of my lip hoping he would leave this conversation elsewhere.

Silence is all I could hear from the other side of the phone. I know he's not mad at me. "Mir?"

"Yeah sure D, just call me back." I felt that I'm hurting my best friend but I haven't seen him in years. We ended the call and I quickly went back to the family doctor to see if Archer is okay.

Dr. Reynolds and Nurse Lucia continued to stay at the room as I came towards them. "Will Archer be okay? Is he fine?"

Dr. Reynolds nod his head with Nurse Lucia going back inside with a tray of things to Archer. My eyes went back to Dr. Reynolds and he nods his head once more.

"He should be okay Davina. His injuries weren't that bad but they should heal within time. He should rest for now." I sighed of relief with my eyes closed. Thank God he's alright.

"What about you?" He questioned as I opened my eyes and noticed that his eyes were looking around my face and I touched my cheek that my mom slapped.

"My injures aren't that bad Dr. Reynolds.
I'm okay." I give a smile as he shake his head no.

"That's not what I'm talking about Davina, but I will tell Nurse Lucia to grab you an ice pack." He turned on his heel to go inside of Archers room as I followed him. Is it that obvious that I'm pregnant?

I heard Lucia giggling with red cheeks forming on her face. I saw Archer eyes halfway open with a smile on his face, looking at Lucia.

"Allora, ti vedi con qualcuno?" Archer spoke to Lucia who giggled nodding her head yes. I heard 'seeing' but I couldn't understand the rest. (So are you seeing someone?)

He was about to talk once more but he saw Dr. Reynolds and I.

Dr. Reynolds asked Lucia to grab an ice pack for me and she kindly returned a nod followed by a smile to grab it and Dr. Reynolds left out also. So Archer and I were the only ones in here, followed by silence.

"Davina, I want to thank you for saving my ass once again." I looked over at Archer who seemed to smile at me and I nod my head, letting him know that he's welcome. Once again we sat in silence but I couldn't help myself.

I quickly went towards him and hugged his body. His body turned stiff but it relaxed as I felt his arms wrap over my body. But I could hear the grunts and hissing so I quickly pulled away, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I hate you so much! Why'd you even follow me?"

He chuckled with his eyes looking into mine, "Protecting you is all I want to do. So even if you hate me I'm going to follow you to the ends of the earth Davina. You will always be my Amore and no one is going to take that title away from you."