*22

DANIELLE

We looked at the gated Mansion in awe as Dre continued to talk on his main phone. A gated mansion around the Utah area that Dre knew the owner personally. I wrapped my arms around my body, closing my eyes.

I could hear the screams of my victims being killed by my hands. I could hear the wounds being open and the bullets hitting each and everyone of them, begging for mercy.

"Hey." I felt a soft touch on my arm as my eyes shot opened looking on my left. Aly gave me a sympathetic look, still holding onto my arm. "Are you okay?"

I took a deep breath out, giving a weak smile in response and nodding my head. I didn't want her to know what I'm going through or what's going through my head right now. I'm broken with emotions and I'm lost.

"I'm fine Aly. I just hope we're safe."

Aly nods her head and takes her hand off my arm. She smiles once more at me and went walking towards Josiah direction who continued to walk back and forth thinking about some things I'm assuming.

"We're all set to go inside. But we have to be very careful not to break anything or leave blood anywhere." Dre said looking at the three of us. We nod our heads and we all got inside of the SUV once again.

He turned the SUV on and went towards the gate. It opened for us to drive inside. After he drove in, we saw multiple cars around the big fountain in front of the mansion. He parked the SUV and he got out followed by Josiah and Aly.

I also got out but I went towards the back of the truck to get my two favorite hostages. Dre grabbed Finn as I grabbed Anna and we started walking towards the double doors on the home. We stopped when Dre put something in the code box of whoever's home it is. The door opened automatically and we walked inside with the lights coming on by themselves.

When they did, we looked in awe. I couldn't believe Dre knew someone that had a luxury home like this. He told us that we could put Finn and Anna on one of the couches since they were still tied up and tape were over their mouths.

We continue to look around the home and I noticed a picture on top of one of the shelves. It had four kids on it. Three boys and one girl. I looked at the picture once more and noticed a boy that looked like Dre beside the girl.

"I can't believe he still has this!" I heard Dre behind me but he came in my view when he looked over at the photo and he touched it with a smile. So I was right, he did know who these people were.

"You know them?" I questioned and he chuckles, picking up the frame and continued to smile at it.

"Yeah we all use to be best friends. That's me, Devon Booker, my cousin Malik, and our Best friend Erin. Well use to be Best friend." He smiled at the picture like he wanted to go back to the days before all of this happened. Before he even joined this life. But then it dawned on me that he knew Devon Booker.

He's a successful black man with his businesses taking half of Atlanta I heard. That man is rich and he's taking over businesses in Miami. I'm so happy for a black man let alone a person of color to have success like that. Success doesn't come easy for a person of color and I'm glad that he's being recognized even though I don't know him.

"We use to tease Erin and Devon that the two of them would be together cause all they ever did was hang out." He chuckled putting the picture back and continued to smile at it.

"So what happened?" I questioned as he sighs looking at me with a smile forming from off of his face.

"Devon moved from San Francisco which caused all of us to stop talking to each other. Devon never made contact, Malik and I always had jobs we had to do so we were busy, and Erin... I haven't heard from her in years. But you know how that goes. When the year goes by people change. They're not the same people you once knew. But still, if I could go back in time seeing my two best friends before all of this happened, man I would be happy."