Chapter Hundred - What are you not telling me?!

Start from the beginning

Around seven everyone is done eating and is cleaning the table. we bring everything to the kitchen. My dad is helping Sophie getting everything into the dishwasher.

I hear shards falling and a lot of swearing. "Godverdomme!" I hear my dad say. I walk to the kitchen and my dad walked right through me. "What has happened?" I ask Sophie. "Nothing really. He dropped a plate, and his level of irritation couldn't handle it or something. Just as he was when he was younger" she responds. I look at her strangely and follow my fathers' steps. When I am at the door, I turn around and say: "I will talk to him. Again..." I open the door of the living room and walk into the hallway.

Sophie

When Vera came back from her talk with her dad, she left with Lando, Max, and Lynn to do something together. This was about half an hour ago and Marc still hasn't come back. Must have been a heavy discussion and I decide to look for him as I know how he was when he was younger. I walk upstairs to his and Petra's room to see if he is there. I knock on the door but hear nothing, I open the door to check and see him sitting on the end of the bed with his hand in his hair.

*Conversation is Dutch*

Sophie: "Heyy, are you okay?"

Marc: "Yeah I'm fine" he says looking down again.

Sophie: "Are you sure?" I ask him and he keeps looking down.

Sophie: "I think there is more that is bothering you than Vera telling you to get some air and the plate, which is shattered, am I right?"

Marc: "Just the memories of us in college, how heartbroken I was when you left."

Sophie: "I left?! You didn't even consider what I had to give up being with you! I left everyone I cared about behind me to be with you. You didn't even let me practice my hobbies. So, it is not fair to say that I left you."

Marc: "You show me off like I made you cut of everything."

Sophie: "That is because you did! You didn't support me racing."

Marc: "Because it is a dangerous sport, and I didn't want to lose you."

Sophie: "That worked out so well for you, did it?!"

Marc: "You know I didn't mean it like that. I loved you with my whole heart, I wanted to protect you."

Sophie: "From whom? The entire world? Please, you look like a fool!"

Marc: "At least a fool who loved you. You didn't love me."

Sophie: "Who has said that? I have loved you till the end. But we were not making each other happy. You still don't see it, do you?"

Marc: "Who looks like a fool now? I wasn't the one who got someone pregnant as soon as we met."

*Silence*

Sophie: "Don't involve Jos in this. He has nothing to do with this!"

Marc: 'I hit a nerve I see. But he has something to do with this, as Max was born 9 months after you met, and he wears his last name. You got over me extremely fast"

Sophie: "Why shouldn't Max be wearing his last name? You sound like a jealous pig."

Marc: "Jealous?! Never! I didn't throw away my racing career over a pregnancy."

Sophie: "No you can still race when you make someone pregnant, that is a little different for me. And as you see, I didn't give my racing career up for nothing. MAX IS A F*CKING WORLDCHAMPION!"