Chapter Forty-four - The road to Milton Keynes

Max

When we landed, we got escorted by Gemma to one of the cars they arranged for me and Lynn to go to the HQ. Of course, a Honda, as they are the team's biggest sponsor. I put Lynn's and mine suitcase in the trunk. As I wanted to step in on the left side of the car, I remember we are in England again. Lynn sat in the driver's seat like she is ready to go on a road trip. "Good day, Mr. Verstappen" she says as she laughed out of excitement. "Does this mean you will drive us?" I say as I pocked into her. "Stop it! I cannot stand this" she uttered as she started to laugh. "Okay you while drive the first thirty minutes as I do not want to ruin this moment for you" I say as I stopped pocking her. "Start the car so I can put the address in the navigation" I added to it.

Lynn

I have never driven in such an expensive car before, so when the opportunity came, I had to take my change. In some way I knew Max would walk to the passenger's side, as that is the driver's seat in the rest of Europe.

"So, as I will drive for the next thirty minutes, you can be the DJ" I say to Max as we drive of the parking place. Max is connecting his phone to the Bluetooth of the car. "This song is a song of one of my favourite artists ever" he says as he put on Billy Jean by Michael Jackson.

As we both know the song, we sing as loud as we can along with the lyrics.

Max

"I'm curious if you remember this song" I say as I put on Super Max by the Pitstop Boys. "Hey, isn't this the song of last night you and Lando went all out on?" she asks. "You are 100% right! It is important for you to listen closely to the lyrics this time" I advise her. As the song starts to play, I try not to sing along with the lyrics. I see that everything starts to make sense to her right now. "So, this song is really about you?!" she says shocked. "Yeah, it is, you want to know the story behind the song?" I ask her and she nods immediately.

"Okay the abridged version, so in 2015 I started my F1-journey at a team called Toro Rosso. I had a good rookie-year, so I had all the good hopes of a great 2016 season. After a few races I got promoted to the main team, Red Bull Racing, where I got my first F1-win at the first race as I was part of the team. After the win, everything went very quick. I started to become more known within the sport, which resulted in an increase of Dutch supporters. Which lead to this song what has been created during that time. So, that is the long story short I think" I tell her.

Lynn

I need to let it all sink in for a minute, so after twenty minutes after we left the airport, I drive to a gas station. I turn of the car as I step out to get some fresh air. "Are you okay?" he asks me. "Yeah, everything makes sense right now. I just need some air, which is all" I answered. "I can imagine this all is a lot to you. This is not what you thought would happen" he says trying to comfort me "Do you want anything from the store? It has been some time after we had something to drink or eat?" he asks me. "Yes please, I want some water and a sandwich" I answered. "Be right back, stay here and try not to get in trouble while I'm gone" he says as he walks towards the store.

After some time, he walks back with a water, a can of Red Bull, and two sandwiches. "Here you go" he says as he gives me the water and sandwich. "Thanks a lot" I replied.

Max

After we finished our food, we got back in the car. This time I was in the driver's seat and Lynn in the passenger's seat. We re-joined the road and did not speak for some time. I started to feel more nervous as I saw we were getting closer to Milton Keynes. I turned up the sound of the radio just to get the thoughts out of way, but it is not working. I start to get restless; I do not know how to give myself an attitude now.

Lynn

"Max, are you okay?" I ask him as I see he is starts to act weird. First, he ignores me, so I say it one more time, only a bit harder. "No actually. There is something you need to know" he says to me as he takes a turn too early.