Chapter Sixty-five - Date night

Vera

Lando has taken me to a genuinely nice restaurant, close to the coast. The waiter guided us to a private table, away from all the other guests, which Lando had requested. He didn't want anyone to see him being with a girl.

We have watched the sun going down while we ate and drank wine. We just finished out second bottle of wine and we only sitting here for two hours. I feel the tension rising between us and the alcohol isn't really helping.

As I take the last sip of the wine, Lando lays his hand on my thigh. The feeling of him touching me gives me goosebumps all over my body. I feel Lando is staring at me, it makes me feel shy and insecure. I feel Lando's hand against my cheek, he rests his thumb on my chin and makes me look at him. "Don't be shy" he says softly. The only thing I can do right now is smile, I see that Lando is smiling as well when he sees me smile. I look into his eyes, to his lips and back to his eyes. I feel his head coming closer to mine, I feel his breath on my skin. The alcohol makes me feel more confident than a few minutes ago. I lean in as well and I just can't ignore the tension. I know what I want. I want to feel his lips on mine. I put my hand on his cheek and make sure he knows what I want. Within a second I feel Lando's hand in my neck and pushing me closer to him, our lips touching. It is a soft kiss, as he knows I don't have kissed someone else before besides him. I am glad he doesn't force himself on me. As the time is passing the kiss becomes more intense, it just feels right. His lips become more distant; he makes us stop kissing.

"Did I do something wrong?" I whisper. "No no, I just wanted to look at you again" he says while having the biggest smile on his face. I see a shimmer in his eyes, and I just know everything is okay between us. "Do you want to take the next step?" he asks, and I know what he means. I nod and smile. I am ready for this, the tension in my body only builds up while kissing him. I lean in and he does the same. I feel our lips touch again. It feels immediately more intense. I feel Lando's tongue on my lips, trying to find his way to mine. I open my mouth slightly more for him to enter. I always was scared of the first time kissing someone like this. People always told me that when the time comes, I just know what to do. And they are right. It feels so natural kissing him like this.

Lando

I am so glad that Vera and I have shared this moment together, I don't know anyone I have rather spend this moment with. And the kiss was just the top on the iceberg, it made this evening even more special.

After our kiss, Vera and I decided to pay the check and take a nice walk on the beach before we head back to Max' apartment.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" I ask her. "I don't know, do you have any things in mind which we should do?" she responds. I do have something in mind, but that will happen in two days, the date that I have planned before we left. "We will figure it out, we can visit my, soon to be, home as I will be moving here as well after the winter break. Just know, the day after tomorrow I have already something planned, so just worry what you want to do than" I say while I give her a wink. "What is it?!" she says overly excited. "I keep my mouth shut, "you will see it yourself when time comes" I say teasingly.

"Okay, I trust you. By the way, I love to see your soon to be home" Vera says as she stops me by standing in my way. She puts her arms around my neck, and I put mine on her waist. In that moment we share another kiss. In this moment I think I have never felt so close to someone as with Vera.

After walking around for one more hour we decide to walk back home, to Max and Lynn. It is around 10pm as we see the apartment building come closer. I open the door downstairs with the key Max gave me when we left. We get in the elevator as I feel a big yawn coming up. I look at Vera and she has to yawn too. "We already have an emotional connection" she says as we both laugh. I kiss the crown of her head as she put her arms around me. After a few minutes we reach the 13th floor and let each other go. I grab the keys again and open the front door. As we walk inside I see still some light coming from the living room. I open the door and see Max sitting on the ground, the whole living room is a mess.

"What the hell happened here?" I ask as he looks up. "Kelly is what happened" he answers softly. "Wait, what? As in your ex-Kelly?!" I say shocked. He nods. "What was she doing here? Where is Lynn?" I add to it. "What she always does, ruining things" he says as he tries to stand up for the ground. "And Lynn, I have no idea where she is" he adds to it holding her phone. "Fuck" I say as Vera is already running to the front door. "Vera wait!" I shout, but she is already gone.

"Why does every good moment need to be ruined every time" I say to myself