Chapter Fifty-four - The Statement 2/2

Max

After I talked to GP, Christian and Gemma came for me. Just as GP said. They explained the plan they had thought of, exactly the same as GP has told me. Of course, I agreed with the plan to cut off all the contact with Lynn until the attention around the team has passed.

After the meeting I called Lynn to ask if she could come back to give our statements. Not lang after I called her, she came back to my room. Together with Christian and Gemma we wrote down a statement to post on all our social media-accounts:

Statement of Red Bull Racing about the latest rumors of Max Verstappen

"Dear Formula One-fans and supporter,

As some of you already know there has been some rumor going on about one of our drivers, Max.

We would like to explain some things within this statement that hopefully clarify some things.

Firstly, we want to let you know Max and Kelly broke up during the summer break. As team we decided to keep this covered for most of the RBR-employees. This is why this wasn't made public. We see now this has been a mistake for not sharing and help start rumors which aren't true.

Secondly, Max had been on holiday in Kirchberg with Lando Norris, F1-driver for McLaren F1-team and one of the best friends of Max.

After a chaotic 2021 season they wanted to spend some time of the grid. As agreed, no one knew where they went or what they were doing, just as they wished. Unfortunately, their trip was cut of short because of some pictures which were posted on Instagram.

To clarify, the girl on the picture was just someone who Max met during his stay. He offered to teach her how to snowboard.

We hope we cleared up some things for you guys. Max and the girl will not make any other statements or will answer any other questions about these subject

If there are any questions, please send a mail to our PO-team (PO@redbullracing.com)

Thank you,

Red Bull Racing Honda F1-team"

Lynn

So, I have learned something new today. After 1,5 hour we walk back to the exit of the building. We sign an official agreement, which says we can't be talking to each other until the pre-season testing in March. I surely didn't like this agreement, but it kept me anonymous and will be better for Max' reputation

"Are you okay?" Max asks as we walk back to the car. "I guess so. Just sad we can't see each other for some time. This will probably the last hours we will spend together for some months" I reply to him. He puts his arm around me, "Before we know we will see each other again. Shall we go back to the hotel? The team has booked us some rooms."

It is already dinnertime as we arrive in the hotel. The whole car ride we haven't said anything to each other. I felt very tired, this day has been a lot. With our luggage, we walk to the reception to get our keys.

"Good afternoon, we have a reservation under the name Red Bull Racing" Max says as he got handed two keys. "Take the elevator to the third floor, the rooms will be at your left-hand side" the receptionist says.

We walk towards the elevator as Max grabs my hand while we wait for the elevator to arrive. After a few minutes we arrive at our rooms, they were right next to each other. "Shall we order some room service?" Max asks. I nod, "I'll change myself in something more comfortable and meet you in ten" I say as I close the door behind me.

The room is amazingly beautiful, this kind of luxury is still new to me. I grab my luggage and put it on the bed. I grab some sweatpants and a simple T-shirt. I walk to the bathroom and look to myself in the mirror. "God, you look like a mess" I say to myself. I splash some water in my face and put on some deodorant.