Chapter Thirty-three - Boys will be boys

Max

Lando and I have been talking about our day while getting ready. As I'm telling Lando about my day with Lynn, I notice how happy it makes me to talk about her. I start to really care about her and I guess Lando noticed that too. "But Max you have to tell me, what is going on between you and Lynn" he asks me.

"What do you mean?" I ask Lando, but I already feel my cheeks turning red. "You know what I mean, I can see how you look at her. I haven't seen you look at someone like this in a while" he says.

"What about you, I can see how you look at Vera" I answer Lando trying to dodge the question. "I asked first" Lando says and when I look at him I know I can't get out of answering this question. "Fine I'm really starting to like her, she is so sweet and caring" I start telling Lando. "And I love the fact that she likes me just for me and not because I'm famous. I never met a girl like this" I keep on telling. "Yeah I guess we're pretty lucky that they both don't know who we are. It really makes this holiday a lot better" Lando says. But what makes you think she likes you?" Lando asks trying to be funny. "I don't know just the way she acts around me... oh and we might have kissed, but I don't think that has anything to do with it" I tell him. "You kissed her?" Lando yelled so the whole city could hear it. "Yes, but not this whole country needs to know that" I say to him. "Sorry, but you kissed her, when?" he asks excited. "Yesterday evening here in my apartment. We were sitting on the couch when I got a bit emotional and then we kissed" I explain to Lando. "Wah So cute" Lando says teasingly.

Lando

"But enough about Lynn and me, what about you and Vera" I hear Max ask me. "Yeah about that... I'm going to need your advice on something" I start telling Max. "Tell me" Max says. "Okay so after we lunch she immediately started teaching me how to snowboard and I fell a few times, which isn't a surprise I know, but one time I took her with me, and I fell on top of her, and someone took a picture of us. Apparently that someone shared that picture on social media, Charlotte noticed that. She called me, but I didn't saw it until this morning. So, I texted her and she sent me the picture" I tell him as I look at my phone searching for the pictures. When I see the picture again I feel my cheeks getting red and I start smiling. "How can I feel like this when I'm only seeing a picture" I ask myself. I show the picture to Max and let myself fall on the couch. "So, what is going on between you two?" Max asks me. "I don't really know. I do think there is something, but we haven't talked about it. After some more snowboarding she took me to this really cute place just outside of Kirchberg and it was so beautiful. We didn't really talk. We just sat there in silence, really close to each other. We listened to the sound of nature and when I wanted to give her a kiss on her cheek she turned her head and I accidentally kissed her" I tell Max and before I can continue with the rest of the day he interrupts me. "You kissed her, so I'm not the only one". "No, you're not, but the kiss between me and Vera was just an incident" I say shyly. "So there really is something going on between you two isn't there?" Max asks me.

"Yeah there is, if I could only tell him about what happened last night and how caring she was for me" I think to myself. "But that is something no one will ever know, well except Vera obviously". "Yeah I guess so, she didn't mind kissing me and it wasn't awkward after all" I tell him. "But what do you need to know from me?" Max asks me. "I don't know what to do. As soon as she sees that picture she probably will find out who I am, and I don't know what she will think. We have something going on and I'm not ready to give up on that yet" I tell Max. "Well, I think you need to talk to her about this. Maybe she hasn't seen the picture yet and maybe she did, but I don't think it won't really matter to them. They got to know us without knowing we're famous. They got to know the REAL us and if they didn't like us now, they really wouldn't have let us get so close to them" Max answers me.

And I guess he is right. Even though our kiss was an accident she didn't push me away and wouldn't have let me sleep at her place last night. Everything was just so perfect and the way she could calm me down when I had my nightmare is just really admirable. She really is the best thing that happened to me in a while. I notice I get lost in my thoughts, so I snap out of it. "I think you're right. Thank you Max' I answer him after a while. "Don't worry about it, but let's enjoy the night for now and I'll arrange for you two to talk alone tomorrow okay?" Max tells me. I nod and we finish getting ready to meet up with the girls.