Chapter Nine - This feels good

Max

She smells nice, I can't describe it. It felt good when she puts her head on my shoulder. It felt so comforting to have her in my arms. It was a good moment; it was just her and me. I closed my eyes and felt here breath slowing down. I just knew she felt relaxed in my arms, she has closed her eyes. So, I did it as well for a little moment.

After some time, the bartender brought our drinks. We both opened our eyes and looked at each other. I gave her a kiss on her head. "Ready to go back?" I asked her. She nods. With our drinks we walk back to Lando and Vera. We seemed to have found each other as well, so it seems.

Lando

"You played well!" I say to Vera. She smiles at me and says, "Thank you, I guess you have a good influence on me". We both smile, I gave her a hug. It feels warm, this is something I haven't felt in a long time. The hug feels like hours. We are interrupted by Max and Lynn who has returned with our drinks. Max winks at me, I don't have to say anything.

"Thanks, mate, for the drinks! Who will play the next round?" I asked to the group. "Maybe we should team up, Lynn and Max against Lando and me" Vera said. "Max can guide Lynn trough the game, and I will help you Lando." She added. "Sound like a good idea, is everyone in?" I ask to Max and Lynn. They both nod.

Vera

That hug felt amazing, just to feel his warmth and the smell of his parfum. I think I can't stop smiling. I feel happy and safe when he is around me. I'm glad I could team up with Lando, it gives me the space to stand close beside him. Hopefully he doesn't mind.

When Lynn and Max came back, I saw something had changed within her. I think it has to do with Max. She seemed to only see him while we are playing. She might like him more than she likes to admit. I see it in her eyes and her physical appearance when he is next to her. "What happened at the bar?" I say whisper to her.

"What?! No, nothing. We just talk for a little" she says. "Ah, okay. I don't believe a word you are saying" I laugh. I don't bother her with more questions, we will talk about that later. But first Lando and I need to win this game!

Lynn

She knows me to well. My feeling has changed, and she knows it as well. Max let me feel comfortable like no one else ever has. I have the feeling things might go to fast. I only know his first name. But I just can't get the thoughts out of my head. "I WANT TO KISS HIM SO BADLY. No no no, what am I saying?! Lynn, no! Don't do it!" I say to myself.

While those thoughts make me lose my focus, I feel that Max is putting his hand om my shoulders. This isn't really helping. I only can think about his hand all over my body. "STOP!" I shout. Max takes his hands of me, and I look at him. After a few seconds I walk away to the bathroom. I look to myself in the mirror and say, "What are you getting yourself into, this is not what we agreed on?!" You see that you are starting to shake.

A few minutes later someone is walking into the bathroom. "Are you okay?" I hear someone say. I don't know who it is. The only thing I know is that I need to get my thoughts straight, I start to breath faster and faster. It feels like I'm going to pass out.