Chapter Eighty-eight - THE RACE OF 2021

Lynn

After the shopping trip, I got back to Max' apartment. Nobody is back yet, so I get myself into something comfortable and start watching some TV in the living room. I turn on the TV and open the F1TVPro-app. I am doubting to watch the Grand Prix where Max won his first F1-race or the race where Max won the Championship. After some thinking, I decide to watch the last one and a nervous feeling starts when the formation lap starts. As if the race was being held right now.

"We've been waiting for this all season long. The finale, the title decider, under the lights here in Abu Dhabi. It's lights out and away we go! And Hamilton gets a decent start and he's already ahead of Max Verstappen. Hamilton leads into the first corner! It's a dream start for Lewis Hamilton. Oh, and there Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton almost coming together, Hamilton has to go off the track. The Dutch fans roaring in the background...." the English commentator says when the race has started.

I already feel like this race is a lost cause, even though I know the outcome. How must have every Max fan felt during the race back in December. In the twentieth lap Perez and Lewis start having a fight for the leading position. They keep overtaking each other until the end of lap 21. This was so fun to watch, and I am completely back into the race. No distractions.

In lap 53, there is a crash. The race win was a lost before this specific moment. The laps after the safety car felt like ages. Max made a pitstop and I pray that everything will go right. I was so invested in the race I didn't even hear the front door open and someone camming back from their day. That was until I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around not expecting it. When I turned around I saw Max had come home and I pause the race. "Hey babe!" he says with a smile on his face. "What race are you watching?" he adds to it after looking back to the TV. "Abu Dhabi!" I say full of enthusiasm. Max walks to me and gives me a kiss before sitting down next to me. "Good choice! How was your day with Vic?" he asks me. "It was so lovely! We had a lot of fun together. We had a nice lunch with Vera and Lando's sister and after that we had some bonging time. We went at the shopping mall, which was out of my budget, but fun to have seen it!" I tell him, withheld the stuff Vic told me about his net worth. "Saw anything you liked?" he says teasingly. "A lot, but no way I could have afford it. How was your day?" I answer him again.

Max

"It was fun spending time with them again. We drove to a kart track, we raced, ate, and talked. We talked about you actually" I start talking while looking at Lynn. "Nothing bad I hope" she says as she gives me a teasingly push. I stay quiet for some time as I don't know how to react to it. "Max? Nothing bad right?" she says with a scare in her voice. "No, no, don't worry. My dad was worried that spending time with you will ruin my career and I made sure that won't happen. So, everything is good" I answer with as much confidence as I can. "You don't sound so confident...." Shoot, now I need to tell her the truth. "How do you know me so well already? Well, of course it is a little risky and it always can go wrong. But I am sure, that we have the manpower to keep it a secret as we will be careful" I say to her.

"I know it can be scaring, sneaking around. But it will be all worth it in the end" Lynn says to comfort me, and it works. I grab her hand and look into her eyes. As we look to each other, our heads are getting closer. I feel her breath on my skin until our lips touch. I stop breathing for a second. I take some distance to look at her before I kiss her again. Our tongues finding their way to each other. I lay my hand on her lower back and pull her closer. Her hands are sliding trough my hair and sliding down on my back. I lift her up so she can sit on my lap. The kiss is deepening increasingly, the world starts falling away around us. Lynn is reaching for the bottom of my shirt. I look up to her to make sure she is okay with taking the next step, and she is. I take my shirt off and start kissing her again. Lynn is touching my bare chest and the feeling of her touching me is the best feeling I have had in a long time. I give her little kisses in her neck and my hands are sliding down on her back reaching for the bottom of her shirt. I pull it over her head, and it reveals the most beautiful body I have ever seen. I take a good look and start tracing her body with my fingers. "Stop it! It tickles" she says with a little chuckle in her voice. "You are so cute when you do that!" I say to her.