Chapter Fifty-one - The Statement 1/2

Vera

After a while of just staring at the water, Charlotte comes back to us. "Heyy guys, I have the statement ready; you want to read it before I post it?" She asks us. We both nod and get up. Lando takes my hand, and we walk inside. "Are you okay?" he asks after walking a bit slower so Charlotte can't hear us. "Yes I am, as long as you're with me" I tell him. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere" he says smiling at me. I smile back at him, and we walk a bit faster to catch up with Charlotte.

Once we're in the room Charlotte opens her laptop and shows us the statement she wrote. "I'll give you guys a second" she says walking out.

Statement of McLaren Formula 1 team about the latest rumors of Lando Norris

"Dear Formula One-fans and supporter,

By now, most of you have seen pictures of Lando with someone while he was on vacation. Rumors have been going around about Lando having a girlfriend and in this statement we would like to explain everything around this situation.

To start with, the girl you all saw in the pictures is not his girlfriend. Even though the things our drivers do in their free time should be private, which we know it is not completely possible.

During the winter break Lando went on ski holiday with Max Verstappen, F1- driver for Red Bull Racing. It was to spend quality time off grid together and for Lando a new experience since he never went snowboarding before. He met a girl who was a snowboard teacher and she taught him to snowboard.

He wanted this ski holiday to be a private moment with friends without people interrupting him. A few reasons for this are keeping his private life private, working on his mental health away due to last season and social media, and the pressure that comes with his job.

Unfortunately, this trip was cut short because of some pictures that were posted online.

With that said we would like to clarify what is going on around Lando and the girl. Lando and the girl are just friends who met at holiday and nothing more than that.

We would like to ask all of you to respect his privacy and leave his personal life personal. He will not be making other statements and will not be answering questions.

Thank you,

McLaren Formula 1 team"

Lando

Once I've read the statement I look at Vera. "Are you okay with this being posted online?" I ask her. She looks a bit doubtful, but nods. "Are you sure?" I ask her again. "Yes I am. I'm happy they didn't mention my name. It just sounds like we aren't friends and I'm just someone you met and don't want anything to do with anymore" She explains to me which makes me understand the doubtful look on her face. "Heyy look at me" I say while putting my hand on her chin to move her head making her look at me. "It is just a statement to the outside world. It is nothing compared to what will happen. I want to keep seeing you, getting to know you even better and McLaren allows it. Don't worry too much about the statement. It is just a formal thing to keep the attention away from everything okay?" she nods, and I pull her into a hug. "Thank you for being so sweet to me" she whispers. I smile at her, close Charlotte her laptop while taking her hand. "Let's find Charlotte so she can post this" I say to Vera, and she immediately walks as close to me as possible.

I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach because of her. She is just the best thing that happened to me in a long time.

Once we find Charlotte I give her the laptop and tell her she can publish this. I don't have anything to do here anymore so I walk to the car with Vera.