Falling Ill

I do not own KDA, True Damage, or anything referenced.

-Grey pov a week after meeting Seraphine-

I wake up in Akali's bed and I feel very hot. I brush it off, sneak out of her arms, get dressed, and go to make breakfast. As I walk I cough roughly into my hand. "Fuck." I say and lean on the wall feeling light-headed. I quickly shake my head and continue to the kitchen. "Are you sick Master Grey?" I hear the head maid ask. "I'm fine. Once I make breakfast and eat, I should be fine." I say and cough roughly again. "I will inform the Ladies." She says and I sigh. "They have a charity concert tonight. If they know I'm sick, then they'll cancel." I say and she frowns. "But if it is serious, then they would be heartbroken." She says and I shake my head. "I'll go to the doctors after breakfast." I say and she shakes her head. "Go now or I tell." She says and I sigh. "Yes Mother." I groan and walk away. "I will let them know you are going out. For some personal time." She says and I sigh. "Just tell them I'll be back soon." I plead and she nods.

I sigh and walk down to the garage, I go to the third level, and go to my 2002 Bonneville. I open the door and get in, only to receive a text from Evelyn. "Where are you going?" She asks and I cough roughly again. "And be honest." She sends immediately afterwards. I sigh knowing if I lie and come back coughing, they would be very upset. "Doctors. I think I may be sick." I answer honestly. "I'm on my way." She says and I start the car. "It shouldn't be anything! Just a cough and headache!" I text leaving out the sudden light-headed episode. I drive out the garage and onto the street. "You left?!" She asks and I sigh. Suddenly my phone rings and I see it is Kai'sa. "Yes?" I ask answering her call. "You're sick." She says and I sigh tiredly. "Yes Dear. Might just be a cold, I'll be back with medicine." I say coughing into my arm. "That doesn't sound good." She says and I sigh. "I'm okay!" I say. "You've never been sick, and now you suddenly get sick." She says and I chuckle. "Kai'sa. I'm not like you, Ahri, Akali, and Eve. I'm only a half-breed, and don't have the same immune system as Ahri." I say pulling into the Doctors. "This isn't normal." She says and I sigh. "Love you Dear. Get some rest before your concert." I say and we hang up.

I walk in and thankfully there was no other patients. I give the desk lady my name and was immediately taken back. "Goodmorning Mr.Grey." The doctor says and I smile. "Morning Doc." I say and cough now violently into my arm. He immediately pulls out his stethoscope, and goes under my shirt. I breath as deep as I can as he moves it around, he checks my eyes, ears, and temperature. He then takes me to get some X-rays done. After he takes me back to the room, he leaves for a bit. I swing my legs like a kid again until he walks back in. "Well Grey I have very concerning news." He says and I look at him. "You've got an upper respiratory infection." He says and I chuckle. "That's not bad Doc." I chuckle and he looks at me. "That would be true, if you weren't suffering from exhaustion." He says shocking me. "E-Exhaustion?" I ask and he nods. "You need bed rest and no strenuous activities." He says giving me a prescription. "I have taken the liberty of calling Kai'sa for you." He says and my ears go back.

I walk outside slowly to see Evelyn getting into my Pontiac. I look at the luxurious sports car to see Kai'sa's glare. I gulp in fear as I walk towards her car, almost wishing to be dead. Getting in and closing the door, she doesn't say anything for a second. "Why?" She asks and I look at her confused. "Why hide the fact you were exhausted?" She asks and I look down. "Because you girls work so hard. All I do is stay home, so the last thing I want to do is be a burden." I say softly and cough violently. "A burden?" She asks quietly and she glares at me. I could see tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "You do literally EVERYTHING FOR US!" She yells shocking me. "Grey you could die from this! Do you know how much that would hurt us?!" She asks and I look out the window. "You are our husband! There are maids and butlers to do all the other stuff!" She says the tears finally falling. "I-I just don't want to be a burden. Too late now I guess." I say trying to joke it off. Before she can say anything I cough more, and after it finishes I wheeze slightly. "Let's get you home." She says wiping her eyes and driving.