·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 40 - 🅃🄷🄴 🅃🅁🅄🅃🄷 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

"Peter."

You froze for a second though you didn't know why. When you regained your senses, Peter had left the room.

You brushed it off, not waiting another moment before eating.

-~:~-

It had been a few days and everyone you had known had gathered at the Compound. Pietro had been the first to arrive for obvious reasons while the others had a few transportation, or other, difficulties.

"She thinks she's still at HYDRA," Peter explained for the umpteenth time.

"What should we do?" Bruce asked no in particular but Bucky was the one to answer.

"Tell her the truth," he said simply, "she's probably suspicious enough already so telling the truth before she finds herself would probably be the best course of action."

Peter nodded. "I'll tell her during dinner."

-<>-

"Is boss ready to see me yet?" you asked Peter as soon as he entered the room, not even getting him a chance to greet you. The thing is - you were getting pretty impatient just sitting still. Something should've happened already.

The people in the control room held their breaths, waiting for Peter's answer.

"Actually, I have something to tell you," Peter started.

You put the tray of food down, giving the serious-looking boy your undivided attention.

"I've been lying to you."

You blinked. "What?"

"I've been lying. We're not at HYDRA."

You stood from your bed. I knew something was up.

"What do you mean?" you hissed. "You said I was home."

"You are," Peter assured, taking a few steps back as you neared him. "Home from before HYDRA."

You halted. So you had been right about there being a before.

"You knew me... before?" you asked slowly, in a completely different tone compared to what Peter had heard you use up until now.

"Yes, yes!" he said, glad he could finally tell the truth. "We were good friends, Y/n."

You blinked at him. He had called you Y/n before, when you were fighting. "Y/n?" you asked.

"That's your name."

"Oh," you let out, sitting back on the bed.

You didn't utter another word that day.