·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 30 - 🅂🄷🄾🄲🄺 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

Pain.

Water.

Darkness.

-~:~-

Peter gasped, seeing the cliff ahead. He couldn't call for you, though, you were way too far.

He swung towards the van at top speed, calling your name as soon as you were in hearing range. But it was too late - the van plummeted into the water below, leaving him on the cliff.

He was shaking, he didn't know what to do - he had to get the file back but he also had to save you but he didn't know where you were or if you were alive and he couldn't possibly go into the water with the file but if he left the file on the cliff he would most definitely be in a bunch of trouble and-

Without even really thinking, Peter had dialed Tony Stark on his phone and the man now answers, snapping Peter out of overthinking.

"Hey, kid," he greeted, beaming. It was a video call and it seemed as if the Avengers, plus Loki who had been given a chance to tag along and prove himself, had just finished a successful mission and not gotten too harmed in the process. "You guys ready? Nat can come and pick you up."

Natasha nodded in the background and stood up, starting to walk away.

"Actually, I- We-" he let out a shaky breath and Tony Stark's eyes widened with worry at the tone in his voice.

"What happened, Peter?" he asked, the rest of the Avengers perking up, too.

Trying to control his breathing, Peter set his phone down against a rock so it wouldn't shake and crouched down, lowering his head. "I-" he stammered before ripping off his mask and dragging a hand across his face. He didn't know how to tell them that you were most likely dead and it was his fault, yet he knew that if he said something now, there was a chance of you surviving.

Peter huffed, shaking himself. "I have the file," he got out, showing the memory stick, "but, Y/n, she-"

"What happened to Y/n?" Loki asked, shifting slightly.

"Well there's a cliff and a van and it wouldn't stop and she was in and she didn't hear me and-"

"I'm sending a suit right now," Tony cut in, understanding the situation. "Don't move, Peter, it's tracking your location. It'll also take you back later."

Peter only nodded, sitting down and leaning his hands head on his hands and knees. He was still shaking with shock - he might've just possibly lost his best friend. Of course he had Ned but you were the first to know of him being Spider-Man, you were the one to help him with his homework, you were the one that he had helped so many times.

In all honesty, he shed a tear and at that particular moment he knew that there were many more of them to come.