·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 14 - 🄺🄽🄾🅆 🅃🄾🄾 🄼🅄🄲🄷 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

Tony looked at the others, then you, and then the house before uttering one word. "Shit." And then he flew.

-~:~-

"I swear I didn't hear a thing," you promised, seeing the gaping hole in the window of the lab.

Clint looked down to the ground from the window. "There's no glass anywhere. Whoever it was must've caught it."

Tony looked around until his eyes landed on Loki, passing the room outside. "You!" he yelled, drawing everyone's attention to the trickster. "Where were you? What do you know about this?"

"Nothing," Loki answered, seemingly completely truthful.

Tony narrowed his eyes. "How do we know that you're not lying?"

You looked at the situation, not daring to stand up for Loki as you were the other main suspect.

Nick Fury came through the door, oddly calm for the situation. "Hello, Stark," he greeted, not really paying mind to anyone else in the room but still making them shut up and listen. "I've been looking for you."

"What's up?" Tony asked casually, tapping some buttons on one of the computers and making the lights on the ceiling start to power up a little bit.

"Remember that file I told you to keep safe?" Fury asked, raising a brow.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, where is it?"

"Right here, why?" Tony asked, walking across the room towards a normal-looking cupboard.

Your eyes darted to the metal, seeing a red light rapidly blinking in there. "Wait-"

You were cut off by a small explosion that was strong enough to blow up the cupboard. No other damage was done except for the fact that paper flew around the room, some of it planting itself onto your face.

Nick Fury took long strides to where the cupboard was and looked at the ruined piece of furniture. "The file?" he asked, a bit of irritation in his voice as he turned back to Tony Stark, now out of his suit.

"Maybe they took it," you piped up, drawing some attention to yourself with the idea. "I- I mean the ones who broke in."

"You would have a point but why would they want to blow up the safe?" Clint asked, walking nearer.

"I don't know," you shrugged, "no fingerprints left? They also took the power out so that eliminates security cameras, too."

"You know too much."

[Shorter chapters from now on because those that were long were mostly written ahead a lot so keeping up this long chapters would mean lessening the days I post at and I don't want to do that.]