·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 35 - 🄰 🄼🄸🅂🅂🄸🄾🄽 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

"Focus," he hissed as you barely dodged a hit, "you want to go on a mission, right?"

"Of course," you answered, grunting again as you tried to kick his feet from under him.

"Then do better."

-~:~-

"Wave."

You scrambled up at the sound of your name and stood up straight, ready to take orders from the man that was about to come through the door. You knew that he was in charge of you - all your training, orders, future missions and anything and everything else you did.

"Yes, sir," you answered as he stepped in the door.

"It's time for a mission."

Your stance almost faltered but you kept your back straight and your face neutral. "Yes, sir."

The man smirked. "I've trained you well."

"Indeed, sir."

"Here is what you need to do," he handed you a folder, "this is a really important file and it's held at the Avengers Compound. I trust that you can get it to us."

"Will it be only me?" you asked, thinking about your promised companions.

The man nodded. "Nathan, Caleb and Emma have another mission. This is your chance to prove yourself, Wave."

You nodded solemnly and the man took out a key.

You put your hands forward, letting him unlock the power-restraining shackles around your wrists. They kept telling you that they were supposed to protect you from yourself but you knew that in reality it was so you couldn't bring back any of your memories from before HYDRA.

Of course you knew there was a before. And at first you had been very curious about it. But now you weren't sure if you wanted to know, you were doing good enough as you were, though it was a bit painful at times. You just had to follow all the rules and that way of life had grown on you if you were going to be completely honest.

"Wave," the man woke you from your thoughts.

"Yes, sir."

"You're leaving in an hour."