·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 1 - 🅃🄷🄴 🄸🄽🄲🄸🄳🄴🄽🅃 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

Your hand flew to your chest as you pretended to be hit by a force of air. You rolled your eyes back and let your knees buckle before sticking your tongue out as you laid down on the ground.

The two girls above you stifled their giggles at your mute acting and a smile crept to your face. You shot up, your hands stretched out in front of you as you pretended to come back from the dead. The girls shrieked quietly and pulled their blankets over their heads, still laughing like crazy.

Someone ran in the corridor, the footsteps followed by a crash. You jumped, spooked by the sound. All the hair on your body stood on end as you felt the wave of magic roll off of you.

Oh no, you taught and looked at the two girls who were now looking at you with fear and confusion written all over their faces. And just when you thought things couldn't get worse, they did.

Footsteps sounded behind the room's door and in a flash, you scrambled up from the floor and put your finger to your lips, signaling the two girls to be quiet. They nodded rigidly, afraid to disobey the strange girl in the room.

While climbing into one of the wardrobes, you scolded yourself - it was supposed to be nap time and for the upteenth time, you had broken the rule for some amusement. You should've expected it would end like this. It was a bit too easy to get spooked in a quiet house.

You heard the door open and Ms. Bright asked the girls if they were okay and why they weren't sleeping. Luckily, or rather due to you not being dumb, you didn't stick around for the answer. White and golden swivels of light engulfed you and then you found yourself lying face-first on your room's floor.

You looked at your roommate, already knowing her reaction because, telling by the chills that came to be on your body at the accidental magic, you had erased yourself from the minds of at least the entire orphanage if not also all the people around it.

"Who are you?" the redhead asked.

"A hallucination," you answered without missing a beat as you grabbed your sports bag and backpack from under your bed and started stuffing your clothes and things in there.

She continued staring at you. You raised a brow at her and smirked. "If you continue to stare at thin air like that, Meggie, you'll go crazy." Some of the words you spoke had a British or Australian accent or even a mix of them although you never really understood why - you most definitely had never been to a place where those accents were commonly used. You knew what they were only due to the fact that Peter had helped you do research.

"How do you-" she started but stopped when you swung the window open.

Eh, not too high, you decided, looking down from the second floor. You securely tied your sleeping bag on top of your sports bag, which contained your clothes, and hauled them out of the window.

You climbed over the desks and onto the windowsill before turning to look at your roommate of two months. She repeatedly closed and opened her mouth as if to say something and when she finally seemed like she was actually going to spit it out, you cut her off. "Shh, it's nap time."

Those were your last words before you lowered yourself out of the window and into the yard with a quiet 'thud'.

You noticed people staring at you from the street. You couldn't really blame them or say something sassy (blaming would've been unreasonable and being sassy would've drawn too much more attention to you) so you settled for the safest option - ignoring all the gazes. 

You simply fished out your phone from your backpack as soon as you proceeded down the street and sent Peter a quick message, saying you could meet him earlier than usual today. With a sigh, you started walking to a nearby rooftop where you could be unbothered until your friend came.