Chapter 28: On The Swings

Start from the beginning

"I'll take that as a yes. Well, not that I meant there's something between you already. Anyway, let me start by telling you what Luhan and I talked about," Xiumin said to the listening boy and recalled the conversation.

-

"Baozi dear..." Luhan gently spoke as he saw the one he'd been waiting for walk towards him.

"Hey, Xiaolu dear. Sorry, I'm kind of late. Had to work on something important."

"It's okay. At least you came," Luhan responded as he gestured Minseok to sit beside him.

"Oh... Thanks. You... You really look troubled. Are you bugged by something? Wait. Let me guess. We're gonna talk about that cute lisp, aren't we?" The older interrogated.

"Absolutely, yes. You're right. Recently, I can't get enough sleep. I just can't drift to dreamland since my mind's busy holding on to the thought of him."

"Why do you think is that so? That you can't stop thinking about him?"

"Maybe I'm troubled by the fact that we're currently not in good terms and that our friendship & brotherhood might be soon over due to that. I just don't want that to happen no matter how bad we treated each other before," Luhan answered while the other carefully listened. Then the last sentenced piqued the listener's curiosity and the other didn't hesitate to spin the yarn of his and Sehun's friendship story.

"Is that so? Well... I could say that you really grew very fond of that kid," Xiumin smilingly said.

"Yes. There's no doubt in that. Not just because of our closeness or our funny story or my promise to take care of him. It's just that... I don't know. There's something in him that automatically binds me to him, that readily attracts me to him. Just like how a venus flytrap would attract it's preys."

"You mean, you feel something for him? You know, deeper than friends and brothers do feel for each other..."

"I... I-I don't know..." Luhan said, taken aback by Xiumin's query. "I haven't considered that so..."

"Don't pressure yourself about that. Just shrug off that question," Xiumin advised, keeping the same smile. "Hmmm... By the way, do you have any idea why he suddenly went cold to you or something?"

"Hmmm... As I could remember, the last time we're in good terms is when we met at the school cafeteria's washroom. Then his mood did swing when you came in..."

"Could it be something that has to do with me? I mean, maybe I'm a part of the reason why he's like that."

"Hmmm... It's quite possible. But why you? And what's that something?" The doe-eyed boy's brows furrowed.

"Uhh... Wait. Let me think," the baozi-cheeked uttered. "Ah! I think I have an idea why he was like that!" He chirped like a kid who had some sort of 'Ting! Bright idea!'