Chapter 28: On The Swings

Start from the beginning

"We're waiting for Sehun here," the sexy-bronze-skinned answered.

"Here? Really? With a baseball bat?" One of his eyebrows was raised.

"Yep. I don't know about him that he brought it, hyung," the panda-eyed remarked.

"Hey. I thought you just said 'Better safe than sorry.'"

"Well-"

"Oh. Don't argue anymore," Chen cut their exchange of words. "Where's Sehun?" And the two just pointed at their figures on the swings.

"That guy over next to him called him earlier and didn't reveal his personality. That white kid informed Tao about it and asked some sort of assurance, reinforcement or whatever you call it. Because maybe he thinks it might be someone who plans something bad. Then when they came here and found no one, they informed me also and asked me to come over. And wanting to make it sure, I brought this baseball bat that could be a good friend to the enemies," Kai explained, typically adding a sarcastic boast.

"Oh... Is that so? Then who's that guy? You didn't attack him, did you?"

"Of course, we didn't. That guy is Luhan's bestfriend back in China who Sehun kind of got jealous with," Zitao said in a casual tone.

"China, you spoke? Hmmm... His figure seems so familiar. Maybe I've met him already..."

"Well, it isn't impossible. It's a small world afterall, they say," the Chinese spoke with a bit of a smile.

"Uhmmm... Tao? Chen-hyung? Can I go back at home? I just actually escaped from the chores. Umma might scold at me if I can't go home soon,."

"Oh... Sure. I'll be waiting here with Tao. I'm quite intrigued with the scene here. Hehehe!" Jongdae replied with a gentle chuckle.

"Thanks. If you need me, just give my phone a beep. I'll be going."

"Understood. Bye. Take care!" Tao bade but the other just looked back and raised the bat with a smirk. That was his response with the take care part.

"That kid..." the older mumbled and resumed observing the two boys on the swings.

---

"What?"

"Whoa... You looked like you've seen a ghost," the baozi-cheeked commented. "Were you shocked with the word relationship?"

Sehun couldn't put it into words but yes. He was shocked by that word. He knew, there's nothing between him and Luhan but the thought of it really startled him. He only managed to remain silent.