Chapter 8: It Feels So Good

(This chapter is dedicated to @lynn_marsden)
______________
(Kyle's POV)

I had just came back from my hunt when my father, the Wolf King summoned me. I was confused at first that why he called for me when he knew I just returned after five days and brought only one game that could accomodate only myself and no one else.

Then again, I thought there might be some political issues as recently a Shasha from another tribe had come with her Shans in our tribe and had also brought a little fame to our tribe after sharing her secret food recipes.
Many beasts from the neighbouring villages had shown interested in both of our food and in us.

Many beasts had also joined our tribe for better food, since this strange Shasha could miraculously transform a non-chewy item in to a food. Among the new beasts were mainly Shans who were from the small tribes of here and there.

The four leaders of our Tetrad tribe, Hemza (The Lion King), Ethan (The Leopard King), Anur (The Fox King) and Simon, my father (The Wolf King) were really happy and wanted to give a position to her since her arrival benefited a lot to us.

And so when I heard all the leaders were here, I wasn't that surprised. But then again, I couldn't find any role of mine in that place.

So why was I summoned?

And momentarily, I got also a little excited in a hope that perhaps my father had finally found a Shasha for me who would accept me the way I'm. So I fastened my pace and reached the meeting place as fast as I could.

When I reached the place, I found that not only I was summoned, all of my single brothers were there too. That Kevi was standing there too with his favourite brother Kel, along with my mother and all of her 14 mates.

And in the middle there laid a packaged like thing. With the smell coming from it, I identified it was a Shasha. But she appeared too thin and weak. Her facial skin was so black and she appeared so dirty. Her face wasn't that beautiful too.

And moreover she was wearing a strange cloth that was showing only her blackish and dirty legs.

I looked at my father who was talking with the other leaders, and then to my mom who had a smile on her face.
Oh! C'mon I know that smile! She was trying hard not to laugh out loud in front of all. But why? What's funny here? I didn't know! Well, it's not like I can ever know my mom though! As her mind could never be understood by any of us.... I meant no one in this world.

And then my eyes shifted to my brothers, who are looking at the lying Shasha in disdain. Some of them are even murmuring something while laughing sarcastically.

'Hmph! High demands!' I cursed them in my mind.

Soon the lion, leopard and fox leaders left with their beasts, and my father, the Wolf king went up and sat on his throne. My mother followed him with a smirk as she sat in his embrace.

Both of them gave us a one last look all over before shifting their eyes to the 'thing' at the centre, when I heard my father's dominant voice echoed in the large cave.

"Well, you have already seen that this thin... (cough, cough) that this Shasha was brought by the other leaders of the tribe. After a lot of thinking, they had decided to bring her to us, since there's a shortage of Shashas in our wolf territory, as many were going at the lion king's because of that good Shasha for her food."

His eyes roamed around the cave to all of us, meeting each of our eyes, before continuing, "And as you can smell it, this thi- (cough) this Shasha is still not mated with anyone yet, so any one of you can take her and coax her to take you as her first husband."

As soon as my father finished speaking, the whole cave became silent. No one came up to take the initiative to take the Shasha in his den. From the corner of my eye, I saw my brothers were looking at the Shasha in disdain and few even took some steps back.

My mom's other mates were looking at the scene with pursed lips.

And I also saw that Kevi and Kel was standing their with pursed lips and had already taken a few steps back.
'Hmph! So high standards?!' I mocked in my head.

And after confirming that no one was going to step in the front to take that Shasha, I mustered up my courage as I took a few steps ahead.

"Dad, can I have her for myself?"

I saw my father nodding his head in approval as my mother's smile widened. She came down from his embrace as she hugged me and patted my head affectionately.

She whispered in my ear as she stroke my back, "Good choice, Son. You chose a diamond for yourself!"

I looked at her in confusion when she broke the hug. She looked into my eyes while I looked into hers. I saw her mouthing few words that said, "You'll understand it in future, son!"

Then I saw her snuggling in one of her mates' arms and left the cave. My father also came down and patted my shoulder affectionately before leaving.

And as soon as they left, I saw my brothers started to laugh and mock me openly.

"Hehe! You actually chose that filth! Can't you see, she's so ugly?"

"Oh my! Are you that desperate to have a Shasha, that you don't have any expectations left within yourself!? Hah! What a shame!"

"Well, what can we expect more of him? The way he looks and the way she looks are so same. It seems like they are made for each other. Hehe!"

"Disgusting!"

"I can't believe I have a Brother like you, brother Kyle!"

While they were busy in mocking me, I moved towards the Shasha, lying in the centre. I scooped her up in my arm.

"She's so light!" I murmured under my breathe.

And then I felt a strong emotion building inside of me as soon as I saw her face, that could be seen perfectly from my perspective.

'She... She's not ugly! But beautiful! Extreme beautiful!' I exclaimed in my heart as I hurriedly covered her face with my chest.

"Hey! Hey! Brother, are you hiding her face from us?"

"Is she that ugly? Oh my God, I wish you best, brother!"

My brothers were mocking and teasing me, but here I was. Getting all possessive of the Shasha in my arms.
Something in me was telling me that She was especial sent for me. To change my fate... To change my destiny.

And since I was carrying her in my arms, her light breathes was striking my chest, making a desire inside of me to go out of control.

'Oh no! I can't go on like this here! Or else they might covet my Shasha.'

A strong possessive feeling rose inside of me as I fastened my steps and left the place. I brought her in my small cave and laid her on my bed.

As soon as her body touched the bed, she shifted and found a comfortable position before going into deeper sleep with a more comfortable position. She let out a "Wuuu" sound in her sleep in hernew posture.

My eyes automatically turned gentle as I changed into my beast form and lied down near the bed.

"It feels so good." I murmured before drifting on my dreamy land too... as the sudden tiredness of my five day trip struck me.