Chapter 31: Fated One

Dedicated to @lynn_marsden & @SsssssR from Webnovel....

Malkina111 , christybailey9 , krysan08 & ChatsKadam from wattpad....

For Your Correct Guesses.

____________________________

(POV Of The Owner Of The Green Eyes)
____________________________

"What is this?"

All was going well and according to how I wanted. I was even getting my sweet revenge on that unfaithful Shasha and her annoying mates.

Then, why did my heart started to beat so violently in my chest as if something extreme happened just now and that would completely change my destiny.... and even my life.

I subconsciously grabbed the part of my chest where my heart was situated in my two-legged form.

I felt like I was wrapped in a strange kind of emotion that was a mixture of anticipation, hope and happiness.

It felt so much like that all my years of waiting for something, had finally become fruitful.

All the pain and loneliness that I suffered got its worth.

"But why am I feeling like this? What happened?"

My hand that was grabbing my chest shook a little, as the abnormal feeling slowly faded away... Leaving only the memory of that feeling as some traces.

But I couldn't stop myself from asking as if my inner self would come out to answer me, "Just what was that? Why did it started to beat rapidly out of nowhere?"

But as a consolation, the only thought that appeared in my head was that, This feeling... it was not something trivial.

"Meal timeeee~"

I wanted to know more about that strange feeling from earlier, when Sofia's voice entered my ears.

'Ahh! I bet it's time for her and her mates to eat.'

So, I shifted to my beast form as I made my way near the river side. After all, I needed a calm mind to ponder on it and I didn't want to get interfered in my thoughts with those shrewd noises in the middle.

After staying with the group, I had a clear understanding of this 'meal time'. Just after they finish their meal, their actual 'meal time' began and that would last up to next morning.

And I wasn't in a mood to think about anything else.

But never in the fre*king world had I ever imagined that the feeling would come back again!

That strange attraction, that strange restless heart, yet that strange soothing.

With my each move near the river side or more perfectly, towards the forest, that feeling would increase.

And without any further doubt, I could tell, that unfaithful Shasha named Sofia wasn't my fated one.

My fated one had jusr arrived near me, and she's either near the river side or in the forest.

I had often heard that in the beginning of this world, Shans could feel their true mates presence just after their appearance near them. But with time, it changed, as many Shans couldn't wait life long for their true mates and ended up with the near ones.

But....

I still can't believe, this was happening to me. Even though, I wasn't fully assured that it was due to my mate's arrival... My brain couldn't think of any other possibility.

I increased my pace as I moved near the river side to meet my fated one as soon as possible before any other pair of eyes fell on her.

It was already dark and even moonlight wasn't that bright to lighten up tge surroundings. I felt a little anxious to think that my fated one would be staying in the open if I don't hurry towards her.

And I was sure that this Shasha was a new Shasha for this Tetrad Tribe or a Shasha from another tribe, as this feeling had never appeared before when I came here and stayed for a good few weeks.

So, at this moment what I could only hope for is that she has someone by her side at this time to protect her, and she's not alone or lost and being all by herself.

[A/N:- You're underestimating your wife, you know? Be careful with your words or you will be the one who will need someone to protect you from her!]

So, with that thought, I swiftly reached the river side and started to look for her. But after a long while, I couldn't even found a trace of a small animal, much less a Shasha beast.

Since, I couldn't find her there, I decided to go into the forest. But...

I couldn't find her there too!

For the first time in my life, I felt so frustrated with myself and my snake beast powers, that I wanted to sit on the ground on that very moment and start to cry.

"Where the hell is my fated one? Why can't I find her?"

I cried when suddenly I thought of another possibility.

'May be that feeling from earlier wasn't the sign of my fated one's artival... but... but a sign that my life is almost over!'

"Hisssssssss~" I couldn't help my voice anymore as I hissed loudly.

No! No! That couldn't happen to me, right?

I've heard that unlike other beasts; a snake beast lives twice their life span... that is for 300 years.... So I won't be dying this soon, right?

Right?

But still, almost maximum part of my mind stayed rooted in the first possibility. So, I didn't give up yet and spent the next two days in searching for my fated one whom I didn't know when would I meet with.

'Well, let's not give up on the hope that's growing in me!'

Yet two days passed by just like that, without giving any successful result to me.

I had searched in the forest and even the three nearby tribes. But the only thing that I got in return was the faded feeling of that abnormality.

So, I decided to return back to Tetrad tribe. But along the way, I made a decisive plan... that was to leave that Shasha's side for good now. I had enough of that game with her. Now it's time to live our respective lives peacefully.

And before leaving I wanted to bid her farewell for once.

Along the journey back, all seemed okay with me. But as soon as I came near the river side, I could feel that sudden attraction again. And this time, I could feel a certain pull in that attraction.

So, I let my instincts to guide me towards the source of this attraction as fast as possible. I didn't want to miss that chance to meet her again.

And this time, I was sure that all of this feeling was due to her arrival... in my life.

But, my movement came to a sudden halt when I saw four figures at a little distance from me. There were three Shan beasts and a Shasha engaged all together tightly and intimately.

And then, a grey wolf came running out of nowhere and gave a hard hit to a Shan, breaking the intimacy from earlier.

And then only I saw the face of that Shasha....

Her face.... it's so...

I gulped hard as that violent beating of my heart was back. And this time it was more violent than the previous ones.

I again needed to gulp as I could feel the overflow of my saliva in my mouth as a certain area in my body hardened in an instant.