S1, EP 1

Chicago, Illinois

Ka'leeah~

I woke up to that familiar church music on a Saturday afternoon, of course. It's the afternoon she supposed to be at work. I sit up and stare at nothing, massaging my nose before grabbing my glasses and getting up to go to the bathroom.

I grab my phone and put on Love Drought by Beyoncé, before grabbing my toothbrush getting ready for the day.

" LeLe, you almost ready to go?" I hear my mama say as she walks in my bathroom grabbing my laundry basket. "Almost Mama. I'm going to go see serenity before we leave..." I say as I turn to look at her, a little pout forming on my lips.

"Okay baby, we leave in a few hours so make it snappy." She says while kissing my forehead and walks out of my room shutting the door.

I sigh and look in the mirror before looking back down at my makeup palette finishing my last little touches.

                                   ✯

Serenity's house

Ka' leeah~

• "SERENITY!" I say as I yell my bsf name, jogging up her stairs and bursting in her room.

"BESTT!" She says as she gets up running into me making me almost fly back out her damn door. "You should play football." I say as we both laugh hugging each other which would probably be our last time. "When y'all leaving? My mom already told me y'all were moving.." she says pulling away from the hug grabbing my hands.

"I think we're leaving around 5 since the drive to New York is like 8 hours."

"Damn ima miss you best.." Serenity says hugging me again, sniffling.

"Serenity...now I know damn well you not crying" I say pushing her back a little so I can see her face.

"Im not." She says rolling her eyes and wipes her face.

"Aww don't worry best, ima make sure I call you everyday and tell you the tea." I say wiping her face.

"Don't forget either or ima come down there and beat the shit outta you."

"Girl I'm not. Chill tf out" I say plucking her forehead.

"Ntm on my forehead." She says as we both burst out laughing, Slapping each other backs.

"Aight, aight. I gotta go now serenity..." I say as we both stand up straight and hug each other one last time. "I love you..." Serenity says frowning a little bit.

"I love you too serenity."

Brooklyn, New York

Ka' leeah~

Its one in the morning and we're just now making it to New york. Listen bro, when I tell y'all these people out here got road rage I'm not even playing. People beeping at us left and right, like stfu.

We pull up in front of a weird looking hotel, parking the car on the side of a street where a whole bunch of other cars are and turns the car off.

"Mama this hotel don't look a little weird to you?" I ask her stepping out of the passenger seat grabbing my bag.

"Baby I know it looks a little run down but this gonna have to work until the morning..." she responds walking up to the hotel doors.

"A little....?" I say under my breath, shaking my head before following her.

Lordy.

We step in the hotel walking up to the front desk and rings the little bell as a lady comes out from the back smelling like some cheap ass weed.

"How many nights?" She says plopping down into the chair behind her, looking towards my mom.

"Only one night we're leaving in the morning.." My mom replies taking her wallet out.

I zone out a little bit as I see two studs walk past the hotel doors being loud asf, obviously high.

I make eye contact with one of them quickly turning back around before that shit became awkward.

"Alright you're all good to go, here's your key. Have any questions or anything use the phone."

"Thank you!" My mom says as we go towards the elevator going to the 3rd floor.

We get in the elevator and tell me why there's a big ass spider in the corner of the elevator...fuck no.

"MAMA! Uht uht. It's time to go, let's go back to Chicago" I scream grabbing onto my mama jacket tugging on it.

"Girl chill out, it's dead."

I roll my eyes and watch the numbers on the elevator stop at three as the door opens making me run out to our room.

Not today, mwah. 😘

Brooklyn, New York

Raven~

• "Yo back tf up nigga.." I tell kacey, mean mugging tf outta her. She laughs and smacks the back of my neck making me push her off the sidewalk.

"Ntm dicc." She says rolling her eyes and lighting her blunt she rolled a few minutes ago.

"Mann it ain't shit to do out here other than walk to the deli and smoke." Kacey says letting the smoke come out of her nose almost bumping into a pole.

I shake my head grabbing her arm to keep her steady. "Yo ass need to go to sleep..." I say rubbing my forehead.

"Nigga I can walk, you not my service dog." She says smacking my hand off her arm.

"Touch me again and we fighting." I say hitting my fist against my hand.

"Shut the fuck up."  She says finishing off her blunt.

We walk past this rinky dinky ass hotel seeing a short girl and I'm guessing her mom at the front desk. Me and her lock eyes and I swear I've seen her from somewhere before....

Probably one of my hoes.

>>> continue