28. A Chance

"Should I be expecting him to show up unannounced in LA?" He asks.

"No" I answer as I grab my lipstick for the night.

"I'll leave a copy of my schedule with you so you can have him over when I'm not there." He yells as he walks back into the main area of the hotel room.

"Dylan. Stop, it's not like that." I groan and try to finish up my makeup for tonight.

"So let me get it straight: rockstar asked you on a date, you freaked out and said no, panic dialed lover boy, lover boy walks in, you set boundaries and then you break the boundary immediately after and kiss him." He counts each event on his hand.

I purse my lips and nod, "That's how it happened," Dylan rolls his eyes at how chill I'm being.

"Now what?" He sighs.

"Harry and I are friends and I'll give Shawn a fair chance." I finally put on my lipstick and walk over to him.

He stands and crosses his arms, "So, we should kiss."

My eyes widen, "what?!"

"You kiss your friends now don't you?" Dylan laughs.

I roll my eyes and start to gather my things in my purse, "It was a goodbye kiss. I didn't know you wanted Harry and I to be together this much."

He walks over and places his hands on my shoulder, "You know I'm team Vara. Always."

I nod and hug him. "I want to try with Shawn. Harry thinks this will be good for us."

He pulls away, "And you?"

I smile, "I want to see where it goes."

"I pray it leads you back to lover boy." He mumbles but I choose to ignore him.

"I have to go do some damage control before the party." I grab my bag and head out the door.

"Use protection!" He yells to me.

Let's hope this works. I say to myself as I step forward and knock on his door.

"Coming!" He yells as he gets closer. Shawn opens the door and immediately smiles at me. "Vara, what are you doing here?"

"Rockstar, I'm here to walk you to the party. Well walk to the car to go together." I laugh and he grabs my hand and pulls me into his room.

He looks like he's almost done getting ready and he looks so cute with his black jeans and his blue button up.

I walk in and nervously play with my fingers, "Shawn? I wanted to apologize for earlier. I didn't mean to reject you like that." He looks at me seriously and I continue, "You've helped me so much with moving on and being there for me these past few weeks and I was just a little scared."

He nods and walks closer to me and grabs my hands, "I get it. I pushed too hard. I like spending time with you and I want to see where this goes."

I smile and squeeze his hands, "Me too."

"So, Vara, will you be my date tonight?" He laughs and pulls me in for a spin and hugs me.

I hit his chest and nod while laughing, "Rockstar, you're going to make us late." He smiles and grabs his keys and wallet along with sunglasses.

I furrow my eyebrows, "sunglasses?"

"The paps are outside like hawks." He nods his head toward the door. "Come on." He holds my hand as we walk into the elevator together.

"You look amazing, as always." He looks down at me and rubs my cheek with his index finger. I feel my cheeks redden and look down.

"Here, take them." He places his sunglasses on my face and kisses my head as the elevator doors open.

I can already hear the paps as we exit the hotel to our car.

Vara looking amazing tonight!

Is this a date tonight?

Vara, where's Harry?

I keep my smile small as we finally reach the car. Them asking about Harry will never not bother me.

"Sorry about that - they can get annoying." I saw to Shawn as the car starts driving to the party.

He shakes his head, "Don't worry about it. I understand why they still ask. You guys were big. It doesn't bother me."

"It doesn't?" I furrow my eyebrows and take the sunglasses off.

He reaches for my hand again, "I know you've moved on. I want to focus on us. I like you a lot. I miss hanging out with you when I'm in LA."

I smile, "I'm glad you said that because I'm actually thinking about moving to LA for the summer to work on music."

"Oh really?" He asks with a smile. "I get you all to myself this summer?"

I blush, "Maybeee. I'm partially using you for your magical guitar skills."

"I'm fine with being used," he says with a smile.

"Oh, I'll also need to borrow your genius mind for some amazing lyrics." I tease.

He laces his fingers through mine, "Already have ideas in mind."

We shortly arrive at the party and it's beautiful. Lights everywhere, balloons, a few photo booths.

"Okay, we are definitely going in the photo booth later!" I yell to Shawn over the music as we walk in. He drops my hand to shake some of our crew members hands. I hug some of them and look around.

I feel someone tap my shoulder, "Excuse me miss, I'm a bit lost!"

That accent sounds so familiar. I turn around and see Jade and Perrie. "Oh my god! What?!"

They laugh as I basically jump on them to hug them.

"Surprise!" They both yell once we've stopped hugging.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as Zayn walks over and places his arm around Perrie.

"We're your surprise entertainment!" Jade smiles.

"Please sing a new song! I'm dying to hear some new stuff from you girls!" I beg.

Jade winks, "I'll do you one even better. How about something we haven't released yet that someone special helped us write." She pokes me to give me more hints.

My smile drops a bit, "You're singing Secret Love Song?" I wrote that when I was at my lowest with Harry. I hated hiding and it ended up ruining us. I'm not sure if I can sing it with them in front of him... he'll know.

Perrie jumps in when she notices my face, "It's such a beautiful song we want you to sing it with us. Everyone we've played it for is super excited for it to come out but if you don't want to sing with us, we'll sing something else."

Gotta face my fears and truly move on I guess. What better way than to sing a song in front of the person you wrote about. I sigh and nod my head. "Okay, I'm in."

Jade laughs and hugs me, "We are going to kill it! Let's go over the harmonies!" She drags me away and I wave to Shawn and he laughs at me.

Okay. I can do this.
——————————-
Hiii! I know it's short but I wanted to put something out!

What do you hope to see at the party?!

-
Xoxo