26. Single Life & Telling Zayn

"I can't believe you're doing this to me," he says through the phone.

I laugh, "You knew this would happen at some point. We can't fake date forever," I pack my purse to get ready to head to a photoshoot before our show tonight.

He sighs, "I know. I'm proud of you by the way. Standing up to Simon like that."

"Thanks. You're coming to the last show right?" I head out the door to see Liam waiting for me. I wave and he smiles.

"Yup already got my flight. I'll be there to wipe your tears and get you drunk." He says excitingly. "Tell puppy I say hi and good luck!"

"I will," I hang up and hug Liam. I am announcing that I'm single in my interview today.

"Was that O'Brien?" He asks as we walk towards the elevator.

"Yeah," I sigh, "I miss him."

He nudges my shoulder, "You know the boys and I are talking about living in L.A. for a bit after tour to record the next album. Why don't you move with us?"

I laugh, "Uh, I'm not sure living with my ex-boyfriend would be the best idea. But living in L.A. does sound fun. I'd be closer to O'Brien and you guys. I could record out there too." Moving temporarily sounds fun and I'd be able to come back and visit Mum and Ely.

——

Miss
"So, Vara thanks for sitting down with us. We are loving all of the looks you styled so far today." The interviewer sits across from me in a dressing room.

We've just took a few photos and it's time for the interview portion.

I smile at her, "Thank you for having me! Everything is so cute."

"Let's get down to business, the tour is almost ending, how do you feel about that?"

"It's been so much fun being with my brother and the boys. It's like traveling the world with your favorite people doing what you love."

"What was it like touring with Harry after everything?" She says eyeing me for a reaction.

I think back to the beginning of tour how rocky it was but it's been better now. "Harry is one of the most important people in my life and nothing will change so it's been fun."

"And I hear that you're recently single," she suggests. My team gave her a list of questions and topics she can talk about and me being single is now on there.

I nod and smile, "Yeah, you know Dylan and I just realized we were better as friends so no hard feelings."

"We love Dylan and at least you'll have more writing inspiration." She laughs and I laugh awkwardly...I wouldn't actually use Dylan as song writing inspiration but she needs to think so.

"So how does it feel that your Dad won't be able to hear your 2nd album?" She asks quickly.

I furrow my eyebrows, I don't think my Dad was on the topic list... I clear my throat. "U-um actually he's with me everywhere I go so I know he'll be proud of what's coming,"

"What's a lesson that he taught you that you'll carry with you?" She presses again.

"He used to say that when everything seems dark around you and you feel like the world is caving in, be your own sunshine and if you find someone who is that for you, never left them go." I smile sadly as I think of when he used to call me my mom his sunshine. Harry was my sunshine and I was his but we need this time to grow.

I get out of my head when I hear her ask another question. "Did you think he was supportive of you and Harry's relationship?" She presses.

"I know he was. He loved Harry and all of the boys like they were his own." I say firmly.