Here's to the A-Team

Scorpia took the mission very seriously.

Catra's life was on the line.

Arguably her best friend. Sure, they're lookin at me had their ups and downs, but ever since the battle, they'd been close.

She also sympathized with Catra and her newfound abilities. After all, Scorpia hadn't fully realized the power she possessed until well into her time at the Horde. She also knew that what Catra was dealing with only made people's perception of her worse.

Scorpia used to be the big clawed monster on the playground that none of the other kids wanted to play with. All she'd ever wanted was a friend, and the Horde gave her that. But it also gave her a nasty reputation of which she was not proud of.

"Entrapta, remind us what we are looking for," she told the smaller girl.

"Well, from Hordak's testimony, it seemed that whatever has possessed Catra is some sort of parasite. It's tied to the runestone that Shadoweaver had tried to make using Catra's power. If I had to guess, this thing is designed to keep Catra's powers at bay. It seems to be the result of some kind of necromancy, something ancient, designed to take out princesses."

"So, what are your theories as to what could stop it?" Scorpia followed up.

"Well, working with the necromancy theory, I'd argue that there's a spell out there that was cast to bring it here - the same spell that can take it out. Shadoweaver would have had to use this spell. Maybe she wrote it down or read it somewhere."

"So we are looking for notes or a book."

"Yes."

"Okay, let's split up then, I think it's in our best interest to divide between areas. Seahawk, Memista, Frosta, and Perfuma check the library. Hordak Entrapta and I will check the jails and the pits."

"The pits?" Hordak asked.

"Yeah thats what we used to call your offices, because once someone went in there, they never came out."

"You did multiple times."

"True, but I was princess, so that doesn't count."

The group agreed to these terms, and after Scorpia gave Perfuma a kiss farewell, they split up.

She had to admit, Hordak's revelations killed her. Hearing that he and Shadoweaver had suppressed the power of two princesses was... disheartening. She tried every day to forgive him, but her patience was often tested.

"Hordak, did you know I was a princess too?"

The old man shook his head.

"No, actually, Shadoweaver made a case to recruit you, I didn't think twice because you were clearly strong and willing. When she brought the black garnet in, I had my suspicions, but she never acted on it, so I figured they were just that. Suspicions."

"Why Catra then? I mean, wouldn't it have been so easy to raise her with her power and make her a... killing machine?"

"Well, from the start, I could see that Catra's interests were only in Adora. She would do anything for her friend, and that made me skeptical. I pitched the idea of removing Adora from the picture to Shadoweaver, but she assured Adora was of more value. I didn't understand it then - what could be of more value than a living flamethrower, but I do now. However, even in retrospect, for the Horde to succeed with Catra's power... She-ra would've had to die. Which, as we've learned, would've created more issues, so perhaps Shadoweavers ego and my ignorance was a good thing."

Scorpia nodded. She wondered if Shadoweaver had known about Adora's hidden power. If maybe the parasite had been intended for her. If she was able to corrupt She-ra... there's no way the Horde could've lost