how do we begin

"How'd the training go?" Castaspella asked shortly after the light knock on the door.

"It was.. fine. I made a few fireballs." Catra told her.

"Thats good," Catra watched the other woman tiptoe around a subject. The awkward silence and the standing at the door tipped her off well enough.

"What is it?" Catra asked, finishing the bandages on her hands.

"Well, there's the matter of your.. parasite. Micah and I figured that since we knew Lightspinner- or Shadoweaver the best, we might be able to help with it."

"Great, any ideas?"

"Well it would help if we could figure out what it was."

"What do you need me to do?"

Castaspella bit her lips together, "you're not going to like it."

"You've got to be kidding me." Catra said, staring at the tub of ice water before her.

"We thought of other possibilities but this just made the most sense."

"The most sense in killing me? No thanks I'll take my chances."

"Catra, wait-" Castaspella said, gripping her arm. "Allow me to explain. You hate water, right? So maybe if we place you in a threat the parasite will... activate. It needs its host alive so it might just try to save you."

"And if it doesn't?"

"Then we take you out."

Catra paced uncertainly around the tub. It taunted her, if she hated water before she hated it more now.

"I don't like this," she said again.

"I'm sorry."

"And what if this parasite burns the place down?"

"Micah's set a containment rune. Worst case scenario you and I don't make it out,"

Catra stared at her, unsure of what to make of Castaspella's sincerity.

"You'd really die for this?" Catra asked her.

"I owe you," she replied simply.

Catra sighed, putting a palm to her head.

"Fine. How do we begin?"

Adora was smitten.

She played the moment on the Cliffside with Catra over and over and over again, smiling unapologetically every time.

"Your in a good mood." Glimmer said, munching on her bagel.

"Its just... good to have everyone back and things feel in place and I.... I feel like our luck is changing."

"Thats great, but let's not jinx it." Glimmer knocked on the table.

"Hey guys," Perfuma said, sitting with them. Mermista joined as well, brandishing her trident.

"Whats up?" Mermista said, setting the weapon against the table.

"Adora's day dreaming," Glimmer told them, "if I had to guess, someone's enjoying having her girlfriend back, and healthy."

"So that's where the two of you went last night," Perfuma teased, "Scorpia was starting to worry."

Adora blushed, wishing she could hide her face in the table.

"Relax," Mermista said, "we're just teasing. And it's not like we're not guilty of the same thing."

This caught Adora's attention.

The princesses were her best friends but she didn't feel like she knew a lot about their personal lives. Mermista in particular was a rare sharer. She had always wanted some girlfriend's to talk about other people and their significant others with.

"Really?" Adora said, "so you and Seahawk..."

"I mean yeah. Have you seen how hot he is? Ever since he got that hook it's like he's been on a high he just can't come down from."

Adora chuckled, turning to Perfuma.

"How are things with you and Scorpia have you...?"

"Well, thanks to our talk, I finally sat down with her and yeah we talked about it. And then we did a bit more than that. We're making it work, sometimes she gets frustrated with her claws and all, but I don't mind them. They're a part of her and that's all that matters."

"Awwe," Adora said, "that's so sweet of you Perfuma."

Next Adora looked at Glimmer who had been silent since her I initial comment.

"Come on Glimmer," Mermista said, "this is a safe space."

Glimmer started to talk, albeit reluctantly.

"Bow and I haven't really... gone that far. We've done some things but not all the way or anything."

"There's nothing wrong with that," Adora said, "it's important to go at your own pace, through the whole relationship not just sex."

"I know," Glimmer said, "I guess, I don't know. I want to but he always has other things to do whenever I bring it up."

"Maybe he needs to talk about it, like we do." Mermista suggested, "I could ask Seahawk."

"Scorpia wouldn't mind, she's not as open but she'll do anything to help her friends." Perfuma added.

"Thanks, I uh, appreciate that guys. I think Bow will too."

Adora smiled, taking in the prescence of her friends.

She wished things could be normal like this forever.

But of course, they had a damn parasite to deal with.

Another chummy chapter I'm a sucker for the softness ok.