I like to take my dates home

Catra didn't know what she expected when the bay doors of Mara's ship opened and the islands fowl scent washed over her. The place had the same sinister vibe to it, and she wasn't any fonder of it now than she had been before.

"It smells awful here." Castaspella said, stepping put beside her brother.

"It's weird," Micah started, "it feels like I'm... home, in a sense." Castaspella placed a hand on his shoulder, no doubt remembering the many years Micah had been lost to this island.

"We aren't far from the temple," Bow said, coming up behind Catra.
"About two kilometers."

"Can we be there before nightfall?" Catra asked.

"I mean sure, depending on how many stops."

"Mmm, Seahawk?" The adventurer was combing his hair, putting it back into his coat when Catra summoned him.

"Yes?" He replied.

"Can you get the rope and rations from the ship, I'm going to mark the area." He nodded, dashing off into the ship.

"What are you doing?" Bow asked, looking at her seriously.

"I'm going to mark some of the trees around here, so we will know when we are close."

"Don't go alone."

"I won't, I'll take Melog with me." Melog appeared next to her, purring at Catra's brush.

"Okay, we'll hurry back, and take this GPS." Catra nodded, taking the device from Bow.

"I'll be back in 10, have them ready to go when I get back." Bow hugged her briefly, before they parted ways.

Catra paced the woods, adding scratch marks to the trees that were soft enough, and tying some ribbon to others. Melog held too, using her claws to chop the bottom of the stumps.

"Meow." Catra looked down at the feline.

"What?" She replied. Melog stared at her, Catra pushed ahead. Melog telephoned in front of her, and Catra sighed.

"Melog, do you mind?"

"Mrrrow!"

"Fine, I'm scared okay. I almost didn't make it out last time, and I don't have She-ra to save me."

"Mrrrowww!"

"Of course I wish she was here, but it's better that she's not. I... couldn't stand to see her like that again. All deranged and confused. It was eery."

"Meow."

"Rude, I wasn't 'crazy' I was just hurting."

"Meow."

"Have you been talking to Scorpia?" Melog brushed against her, and Catra chuckled, running after her pet.

"Catra, your back!" Bow exclaimed.

"Yeah, I said I would."

"I know, it's just..  this place is so unpredictable." Catra placed a hand on his shoulder, connecting their eyes.

"I know, but it's going to be different this time."

If there was one thing Catra had experience in, it was leading missions. When Adora left the Horde, she had stepped up. Sure, her methods weren't always ethical, but her strict system had worked. Combine that with the kindness Brightmoin had to offer and we'll, you get people to listen to you.

"Everyone, tie your wrist, or waist, to a different part of the rope. Space yourselves out so you have room to move. We don't want to risk being separated in the woods. Everyone did as they were told, and Catra even took it upon herself to tie Melog to the rope.
"I'm not losing you." She told her cat. She received a typical Meow in return, but Melog didn't fight here. She looked back at her team, hoping to instill herself with some confidence. Bow offered a weak smile, Micah stared into the forest, as if it were a mirror that reflected the past. Castaspella took her brothers hand, glaring at Catra with a look that warned her.