Technically we could just survive on my wage. Just as long as nothing unexpected came up and- oh shit. My car registration and health insurance were due this month.

My head fell sideways to rest in my awaiting palm. Stress was building up and I didn't know how to fix any of my problems right now. Before I could let the boys worry about me any more, I quickly got up and decided to take a shower. That would help me to relax, surely.

After a long, hot shower, and a slight mental breakdown, I finally emerged from my ensuite bathroom. A squeal left me when I found Yoongi waiting on my bed.

"Sorry, sorry!" he turned away after seeing me in just a towel.

"What are you doing in here, I thought you'd be with the guys?" I asked him, trying to hide any evidence of crying as I quickly pulled out some clothes to wear.

"I just..." he hesitated, still facing the wall while I got changed. "I'm worried about you."

Now fully clothed, I climbed onto the bed. Yoongi turned onto his back and I lay my head on his chest, squeezing his waist tightly as his tail came to wrap around our legs. Right now I could just pretend that I had no problems, that I hadn't bitten off more than I could chew, that I didn't have the weight of the world on my shoulders.

It wasn't even the world, it was just 6 hybrids. But they were my world.

"It'll be okay." He promised me, gently brushing his fingers through my wet hair.

"I'm just going to ask one more time, you're sure you wanna do this? And you're not feeling feverish or anything?" I asked Yoongi for the umpteenth time.

He rolled his eyes and responded with a less than enthusiastic 'yes'.

We said goodbye to the 5 others and got into my car. I had received an email from Jun Lee this morning saying that our expression of interest had been processed, and we were invited to come to the centre for a consultation.

Even though it was Sunday, he had made arrangements to come in so that he could see us personally. I guess that was nice of him, it would be better than starting this off with a complete stranger.

The entire drive there, Yoongi's leg bounced and his hands clenched and unclenched, fisting at his pant material. At some point he ditched that and started pulling on his tail, fiddling with it and stroking it. Self soothing.

"Yoongi. Please be honest with me, why are you doing this?" I decided to ask. He was always calm and collected, but right now it was torturous watching him try to keep himself still.

"I told you," he muttered, avoiding eye contact. "Research for my breed."

I hummed at his lie.

"Have you... been to the research centre before?" Maybe he had a bad experience.

"No." he replied bluntly.

When I didn't say anything else, he let out a big sigh.

"One of my old owners used to threaten me whenever I didn't behave. He'd always say that he would sell me to the research centre, and that they'd experiment on me and he wouldn't care what became of me."
He spoke as if he knew that his old owner lied to him about that, like he knew that that wasn't true, but he still sounded scared.

"Every time he said that, he'd describe a new way that they would hurt me. This was when I was younger, maybe 10 or 11."

Holy shit.