Chapter 4

The Master of Amber

"WATCH OUT!" Jay warned before the four of them jumped in different directions. Jay hid himself behind a chair as the cloud began to close in.

"You can't hide from me!" Jay's eyes widened. Did it just... speak? The cloud indulged him, he couldn't see his friends, or his Yang. He began to worry.

"Guys! Guys!" He called out. He closed his eyes briefly, before opening them again. His whole environment changed, and he was now in the middle of town he did not recognize. Nobody there seemed to notice his presence and continued going about their business. One person caught his attention. He walked closer. It was a girl who appeared to be ten years old. She had golden blonde hair that was tied into pigtails. She was dressed in a blue jumpsuit with a short white sleeved shirt. She handed a bag to the person in front of her.

"Well done, my child" The man said in delight. He ruffled her hair. "Thanks to you, your mom and I might actually have a chance at winning the Pie Competition this year"

"We're gonna win this year, dad!" She cheered in such delight. "I can feel it"

"I hope so, kiddo" Her father sighed. Jay noticed something around the father's neck. It was a necklace, with a blue lightning bolt hanging from it. He saw that the child was wearing one that matched her father's.

"We don't hope so, we know so!" The blonde encouraged. Her father smiled, and began to ruffle her hair.

Jay gasped as he was brought back to reality. He didn't know what that was, but it felt...

Real.

Like he was actually there though he wasn't, but it was nothing but a fragment of history. Why it was significant to him, he wasn't sure, but he knew that he would that investigate later. He heard a loud crash. He looked around only to see Cole being launched across the room. Vania seemed to be back in the fight, using the sharpest thing she could find to help defend against this evil. Jay raised an eyebrow.

"Where the hell did she get a knife, we're in the middle of a reception!" He questioned as he got back up. He was quickly knocked over by Nya, was tossed by the cloud.

"Nya!" He said worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"Oh I will be. After I diminish that stupid cloud!" She said. She was mostly upset about the fact that it refused to drop her brother. Nya and Jay watched as a green sphere hit the cloud, causing it to fall back slightly. Kai saw this and began to encourage Lloyd to continue.

"Lloyd, use your powers!" He screamed, feeling a bit lightheaded as the cloud tried to cut of his air circulation.

Lloyd turned his attention to the cloud. "Drop. Kai. Now" The cloud began to squeeze him. Lloyd held out his hand, and began throwing blasts of energy at it. It began to fall back. To the Ninja's surprise though, the cloud sprung back, looking like it was ready to attack further, but it suddenly disappeared, dropping Kai as it vanished. Lloyd ran up to him and began to help him up.

"You okay?" He placed Kai's arm around his shoulders, seeing that his brother was weak from that attack.

"I'll live" He replied just before Nya engulfed him in a hug.

"We need to get you back to the Monestary, we'll tell the commissioner about our discovery when we're there" Lloyd instructed. Harumi suddenly got an idea.

"You know, there IS someone who can look after Kai while we stay here and give the commissioner details" Harumi suggested. "There's no need to go all the way there, and THEN report the matter"