Chapter 2

Down In The Dumps

"Can I ask why I'm being questioned?" Ronin was seated behind a large, metal table. Lloyd was seated opposite to him.

"We just wanna know what you've heard" Lloyd told him simply. Ronin raised an eyebrow questionably.

"What I've heard?" Ronin leaned forward in amusement. "I heard that a pair of criminals stole two trucks worth of Vengestone"

"You know what we're talking about, Ronin" Kai folded his arms at him. Robin sighed.

"Well, if you must know... no one broke out of prison. And as far as I'm concerned, no-one's been planning on doing anything with Vengestone. I think they're still traumatized after the whole Overlord thing"

Kai threw his hands up in the air. "This was useless! Why'd we come here thinking we'd get answers!?"

"Woah, if you are trying to insult my knowledge of the latest news-" Ronin spoke up, getting defensive.

"No-one's insulting you, Ronin" Nya told him, annoyed. "Calm yourself"

Cole sighed deeply. "What are we gonna do now?" He asked. "Our only source of information proved to be useless!"

"That sounded like an insult-"

"Ronin, if you DARE even MENTION insults AGAIN, I'll insult your very existence!" Jay screeched in annoyance. He didn't want to hear it at the moment.

"Jay? Insult someone? He can barely insult Cole's cooking" Kai chuckled with a shake of his head as Cole gasped.

"What's wrong with my cooking?!" Now it was Cole's turn to get defensive.

Jay raised his hands I'm the air. "Nothing! I swear-"

"Can we focus on the job at hand please?" Zane interjected with an annoyed expression. "We can discuss Cole's terrible cooking later"

Cole just looked offended. Jay just placed a hand on his shoulder. "Stick to art, buddy" Cole just glared.

"Food is art-"

"You guys are so unprofessional" Ronin chuckled. Lloyd squinted his eyes at him.

"Look who's talking" He shot back.

"Getting caught and locked behind bars is not unprofessional" Ronin told him.

"Having a failing career, however, is" Lloyd concluded with a smirk.

"Are you done insulting me now?" Ronin rolled his eyes. Kai sighed.

"Let's go, we'll find clues somewhere else" He said as the began to walk out of the room. Jay nudged Lloyd.

"Were you insulting him?" Jay asked smiling. Lloyd grinned.

"I wouldn't call it insulting..." He shrugged. Jay laughed.

"Well, if you were trying to annoy him, it worked!"

***

The Ninja just finished explaining to Master Wu what had happened. He gently stroked his beard as he thought of what they had just told him.

"This is rather concerning... " Master Wu slowly said. Cole then spoke up.

"So, what should we do Master?" Cole asked him."We can't just let this slide"

"I never said anything about letting this slide"

"Or anything else for that matter" Kai muttered, earning a punch in the shoulder from Nya. Wu turned his back to his students as he thought about what to do.