Chapter 3

An Illusive Problem

"We already have a person on the job, but if you'd like, you can go see what she's discovered so far"

The Ninja had arrived at the commissioner's office some time ago. They had asked him for permission to investigate and were left confused at the words George had said.

"She?" They questioned. George nodded at them.

"Yes. She was so determined to help, and I did TRY to get her to leave it to you guys, but she insisted on helping" He replied with a smile.

"Wait, what did she look like?" Cole asked. George thought about it for a moment.

"I believe she is a Sky Folk" As the commissioner revealed that fact, the Ninja's eyes went wide as they shared a look.

"Vania?"

***

Meanwhile, somewhere in Borg Tower, Queen Vania was searching the building hoping to find clues. Her pet dragon, Chompy, was walking beside her.

"I don't like how dark this place is at the moment" She told her friend, pointing her flashlight in front of her. Chompy responded with a little bark.

"I hope we don't see any spiders... like last time. They were absolutely HUMONGOUS and they were threatening Cole... " She went on, remembering the time she and Chompy had saved Cole. "I miss him"

Chompy just looked at her. He tilted his head and smirked slightly.

"Don't give me that look" Vania quickly defended. "He's a good person. He's sweet, caring, kind, funny, handsome... "

Chompy just flew in front of her, staring her in the face with a look that clearly says he's not buying it. Oh yeah, and she called him handsome.

"Can I not be descriptive?" Vania asked him. Chompy just gave her a look.

"Think what you want" She rolled her blue eyes softly. She continued to walk down the hallway until she bumped into someone. They both screamed in response. She decided to shine the flashlight in that person's face as self defense.

"MY EYES!" A familiar voice shrieked, covering his faces. Vania squinted her eyes at the person who stood before her. Then her eyes widened.

"Cole?" She said before realizing who it was, like seriously. "Cole!?"

She became frantic and began apologizing to him. She moved his hands from his face causing him to squint.

"Vania?" He said once his vision cleared up. Suddenly he began to smile like a first grader who had received candy. The two smiled at each other before hugging each other tightly.

"I can't believe you're here!" Vania said excitedly before mentally facepalming. "I mean, of course you're here, this is your home! I just mean like... I can't believe you're in here, you know in the tower"

"Vee, I understood the first time" Cole grinned, still holding onto her waist. They would've continued to talk, but someone cleared their throat.

"Are we interrupting something?" Jay smirked. Kai decided to make things worse.

"Yeah, it looks like you two were busy with something.." Kai gestured to Cole's arms. That alone was enough for the two to jump apart.

"Shut up, you two" Cole said, his cheeks flushed. Vania cleared her throat.

"Since we're all here, let's continue the search" Vania said hurriedly. Cool sighed as he shot a glare at the brothers-in-law.

'I'm gonna kill you' Cole mouthed to them. Kai and Jay just fist bumped with smiles on their faces.