Chapter 18: Scott POV

Comenzar desde el principio

"Wha-" I started.

"I want a backup." She replied simply. "Just in case."

"Oh," I answered.

"Do you have a weapon besides your sparkly cold crystals?" she asked.

"My sword."

"Alright."

"You seem less talkative." I said.

"I do?" she asked, staring down at the daggers as the edges scraped against the whetstone. She didn't seem to hear me.

"Yes. What's wrong?" I asked.

"I told you before, nothing's wrong." She said and struck her dagger against the whetstone a little more violently.

"Uh huh..." I said. "I think there's something you're not telling me."

She looked up. "You always think there's something I'm not telling you."

"That's because there always is."

"Fair enough."

"So, there is something?"

"Yeah, and guess what? I'm not telling you."

I rolled my eyes. "You are so difficult. Fine. I'll leave you alone." I was about to step out when Erin spoke up.

"You have to be prepared to hurt them, Scott. They won't restrain from hurting you." She said. "Remember this is all their fault. All the blood is on their hands."

I stopped in the doorway before giving a sharp nod and walking out. She was right. People were going to get hurt. But I'm afraid the blood won't be on their hands. It'll be on mine.

I heard the marching before I saw the army.

It was five days later. The elven army had surrounded the side of Rivendale and stood in its streets. Me and Erin stood at the edge of the chasm that wrapped around the entire side of the city that wasn't surrounded by mountains. I had never noticed how much natural protection Rivendale had.

That's when I did see their army. There had to be over one hundred thousand soldiers. And did I mention the dragons? They had at least three dragons. Erin tensed when she saw them. I pretended not to see it.

"My king, what do we do?" One of the generals I had forgotten the name of asked.

"Wait." I said.

Erin tightened the strap on the elbow guards she was wearing. "This'll be fun." She smirked.

"SCOTT!" I heard Fwhip shout as he and the other rulers made their way to the edge of their cliff. They were all in full battle armor. Shrub was riding a giant wolf. Fwhip had a sword I didn't recognize with a ruby encrusted hilt and a crossbow on his back. Gem was riding a dragon. She looked worse than the last time I saw her, there was absolutely no color in her skin.

"Hello, Fwhip." I called across the ravine.

"Give it up, Scott." Joel said. "We have an army."

"If you haven't noticed, so do I." I snapped. "Believe it or not, I don't want another war. Leave. Forget about this. Forget about us. Forget about the elves and Rivendale for all I care. Maybe then we'll all be happy."

"Your too dangerous to be given free reign." Lizzie said. "Who knows? Maybe you could set an eternal winter on the world? What would we do? Better to stop it before it happens."

"You crossed a line." Jimmy sighed. "Time to pay the price."

My fists clenched and I felt ice, not just frost began to freeze around my fingers. "If wars what you want oh, you're going to get war." I growled.

"Don't be the villain, Scott." Gem pleaded. "Stop this madness."

I threw back my head and laughed. "Oh so- so this is madness now!?" I shouted. "Trying to protect my empire!? My people!?" The ice on my hands sharpened so it was like I was holding two knives and I felt my eyes flash. "What happened to always being there for me huh?!"

Katherine and Shrub looked in between each other nervously. They must have forgotten the promise they had made me almost a year ago.

"I was wrong about you." Gem said. "You are just like your brother."

I froze, not literally, but in shock. The ice melted off my hands and I stared at her.

"THAT'S UNCALLED FOR GEM!" Erin shouted at Gem and magic writhed around her arms in anger.

"You're not one to talk." Sausage answered. I didn't pay attention to their fight. But I continued to look at Gem. I knew my expression of rage had faded, but I didn't care to bring it back. I realized my mouth was slightly open and I closed it, clenching my jaw

"Fine." I spat holding my head high. "If it's a monster you want it's a monster you'll get."

"Scott-" Gem started.

"FIRE!" I shouted and unsheathed my sword. A volley of arrows exploded from the city behind me and started to rain on the rulers' army. Spikes of ice pierced the chasm horizontally, creating a 300-foot-wide walkway.

"CHARGE!" My general shouted and the armies charged. Erin's face split into a grin and she shot into the air. The battle had started.