"No, it-it's not Becky. Look, I--"

"Look, Sam, you obviously have a lot on your hands. I'll stay with our blessing of an alive child and you go stop your brother's oncoming marriage." Larissa says, walking out.

+++

The brothers, Larissa, and Rowena are in the library and Rowena is pouring glasses of whiskey.

"Ask me." Rowena says.

"How are you alive?" Dean asks.

"Lucifer told us he killed you pretty, uh... pretty graphically." Sam says.

"And he did. But I take precautions to ensure that if I die it is temporary." Rowena says, handing each of the hunters a glass of whiskey. Larissa downs her whiskey.

"You're talking about a, uh, resurrection spell, like last time?" Sam asks Rowena.

"Mm, mm. That said, it took a very long time to heal. And I'm not interested in it ever happening again, which is why I need the Black Grimoire." Rowena states.

"What a coincidence. You happen to show up right when it's stolen." Dean says.

"Oh, no coincidence." Rowena counters. "I felt the book moving. In a moment of weakness, I may have put a tracking spell on the Grimoire behind your backs."

"Moment of weakness, huh? Right." Dean says.

"Why do you want it so bad? Why now?" Sam asks.

"Oh, years ago, the Grand Coven cast a binding spell limiting aspects of my magic. There's a page in the Grimoire that may help." Rowena says.

"Help you become more powerful? Yeah, that's what we want." Dean remarks.

"Help me protect myself." Rowena corrects.

"Let me get this straight. You, uh, felt the book moving and you decided, what? You'd-you'd-- you'd just show up and take it?" Sam asks.

"Well, I thought about asking you nicely for it, but..." Rowena says.

"Yeah, but you knew we'd tell you to go to Hell." Dean says.

"Exactly. Now, I'm-I'm worried the girls will damage the book, and you're worried about the awful things they'll do with it, so... let's... help each other, shall we?" She suggests.

"We don't need your help. We've handled witches before." Sam says.

"You're familiar with our work, right?" Dean asks.

"Ah. Oh, you Winchesters. I've changed. Honestly. Having your skull crushed and being burned alive can do that to a girl. And it's my tracking spell, so if you want to find those girls... well, lover?"

"Okay." Dean rolls his eyes.

"You'll need me. Slainte." She takes a sip of whiskey. "Oh. One more thing. Where's my son?" The three hunters glance at each other.

~ ~ ~

"Fergus is dead?" Rowena questions.

"Yep." Sam says.

"Killed himself for us." Dean says.

"That doesn't sound like him." Rowena says.

"Right, well, Fergus, uh, uh... Crowley, um, he had changed a lot. You'd have been proud of him." Sam says.

"Is that so?" Rowena questions. "Fergus was my only child. And I promise you, I'd much rather have a living son, even one that hated me, than a dead hero."

Larissa only shrugs, not able to disagree from a mother's standpoint.

"Because of him Lucifer is trapped in another reality. So..." Sam says.

"Yeah, the devil's gone." Dean says.

"Oh, don't be stupid. He's never gone!" Rowena states.

"Okay, listen, I know what Lucifer is cap--" Sam starts.

"Oh, can we not? It's like reminiscing about an abusive relationship. Why do that?" Rowena asks.

"She's got a point. That's never fun to reminisce." Larissa says.

"Let's get back to the book." Dean says. "What kind of hurt can these chicks do with it?"

"Oh, I'm sure they have big plans." Rowena says.

"Sounds like you know 'em." Sam comments.

"Just remember being a young, overly ambitious, wee witch. And I have to give them some credit. Outfoxed you, didn't they?" Rowena chuckles. "Tell me, did they get to fifth base?"

"There's no such thing as fifth base." Dean says.

"Oh, you poor, sheltered, boy." Rowena says.

Dean looks at Sam confused and Sam gives him a look to drop it. Dean looks at Larissa.

"There is a fifth base, but I don't let him do it." Larissa says.

"What?" Dean whispers.

"You know how there's more than one hole down there?" Larissa quietly asks. Dean stares at her until he gets it.

"Oh." He whispers in realization.

"Yeah." She nods.

"Anyway. What's by is by." Rowena says. "And who knows? If I help you, maybe you'll change your minds about helping me."

"No." Dean argues.

"Not happening." Sam says.

"Probably not." Larissa agrees.

+++

"Can't believe I fell for a love spell. And I got clocked by a witch with a hammer." Dean says, sitting at the kitchen table with an ice pack on his leg. Larissa is sitting across from him with the container of cookies she made in front of her.

"And zombie mom. Those are the details that sell the story." Sam says, giving Dean a beer.

"No, yeah, yeah. Getting beat up by a girl, that's a story." Dean says.

"Girls beat us up all the time." Sam says, sitting on the edge of the counter.

"Yeah, it's very fun." Larissa comments.

"True." Dean says. "Hey, um... you know Rowena is not our friend, right?" He asks Sam

"Yeah, I know." Sam says.

"Hmm." Dean opens the Black Grimoire, showing showing where a page was clearly ripped out. "Then what's that? You gave her the page. She got in your head, man."

"She didn't get in my head." Sam quietly argues.

"Look, what happened to Rowena was messed up, okay? But you just let the deadliest witch in the world walk away with a page from this book." Dean says.

"Yeah, and if Rowena breaks bad, I will hunt her down myself and put a bullet in her. I will, Dean. But if she's right, and if she does see Lucifer again, then... I hope she makes him suffer."

"You gotta get out of this dark place. You know, whatever's going on in your head..."

"Dean." Sam shakes his head.

"What?" Dean asks.

"You know what? Honestly?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, how 'bout honestly." Dean says.

"Hell, mention your second child again." Larissa mumbles, biting into a cookie.

"I know what Rowena is dealing with. And she's not the only one who... feels helpless." Sam says. Larissa looks back at him.

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"I mean, I had a plan, you know. I, uh... help Jack, um, bring mom back. It wasn't much, but it was something. It-it kept me from spinning off the rails. And now... Jack is gone, mom is still in hell, basically, and I-I-I just..."

"We'll figure it out." Dean tells him.

"Dean, we don't have a plan. We don't know what to do. So-- so... how?"

"I don't know. But we will." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam nods, looking away. "Night." Sam walks out.