bracelets

TW: selfharm, nothing graphic just talking about it,  if you're easily triggered don't read :)

Remus was pulled out of his thoughts as someone poked his shoulder. He had been reading a book in the common room. He looked up, seeing Sirius, he smiled at the sight of his boyfriend, who sat down on the armrest of the couch he was sitting on.

“Hi baby.” Remus said, Sirius smiled a little shyly, playing with something in his hands. “What do you have there?” He asked, setting his book down, taking a better look at Sirius, he looked as if he had been crying, and he seemed like he was shaking a little.

“I made a bracelet.” He said, his voice quiet. “Well actually two.”

“Can I see?” Remus asked, holding out his hand, and Sirius dropped two different bracelets on his hand. The other one had gray and black beads and the other had light green and yellow. “These are really good”

“The green one is for you.”

“Thank you, I really like it, do you wanna tie it on my wrist?” He asked, and Sirius nodded, picking it up and tying it around Remus' other wrist. “Thank you.” He smiled.

“And I suppose the black one is for you, can I put it on you?” He asked, and Sirius nodded again, this time more shyly. Remus took one of Sirius' hands, pulling the sleeve of his hoodie up, just a little, but enough to see something drawn on to his arm with a red marker. He tied the bracelet without asking questions, even though he was almost sure he knew why Sirius had made the bracelet in the first place. A distraction.

“Wanna go up to our dorm?” Remus asked, getting up, and taking Sirius' hand as he nodded. He led them up to their dorm, and as soon as they stepped inside, he saw balls of yarn, beads, scissors, couple markers and a needle laying on the floor at the foot of Remus' bed.

Sirius went to sit on the bed as Remus started to clean up the mess. “How are you?” He asked as he was almost done with the cleaning. Sirius didn't answer, but just watched as Remus cleaned up, feeling slightly bad that Remus “had to” clean up after him.

When he was done, he sat down on his bed, resting his back to the headboard. “Wanna come sit on my lap?” Sirius nodded timidly, climbing to Remus' lap, making himself comfortable.

“How are you feeling, baby?” He asked again and Sirius shrugged, looking down, playing with his fingers. Remus wrapped his arms around his waist, trying to look him in the eyes, but Sirius avoided his eye contact. Now that he looked closer, he could see clear tear tracks on his cheeks.

“You look like you've been crying.” He said, gently, caressing his cheek with his finger, making Sirius look at him.

“I-i was feeling bad and couldn't make the thoughts go away.” He whispered, tears slowly starting to fill his eyes again.

“Is that why you did the bracelets?” He asked, and Sirius nodded, leaning his head to Remus' shoulder. “That's okay angel, I still like it very much, thank you.” He whispered softly, hoping Sirius wouldn't start crying.

“Did you do something else, to distract yourself?” Sirius nodded, his nose rubbing against Remus' neck. “wanna tell me?”

“The markers.”

“You drew, huh? On your arms?” He nodded again, and Remus kissed his forehead. “Thank you for telling me and coming to get me.” He whispered, knowing how hard it was for Sirius to talk about this.

“Look at me, please.”

Sirius lifted his head up, looking at Remus, who started to slowly rub up and down his arms. “Having a lot of bad thoughts?”