dance with me

Sirius was sitting alone in the empty common room, he was sitting cross-legged on the floor In front of the fireplace. He had a half empty bottle of fire whiskey next to him. It had been full just a couple of hours ago, but not anymore. He had some music playing quietly, careful not to disturb anyone.

He had woken up from a nightmare, and didn't want to wake up Remus, who was sleeping Peacefully next to him, so he decided to dig out one of the fire whiskey bottles from his trunk and just stare at the fire and try not to think.

He was humming quietly along the song, taking another sip for the bottle beside him as someone came down the stairs. And he really couldn't be bothered, so he didn't even look behind him to check who it was.

“Sirius?” Remus whispered as he got to the end of the stairs and started to walk closer to the boy. Sirius tilted his head backwards looking at Remus, smiling as he noticed it was Remus.

“Mooooony”

“What are you doing up?” He asked, walking over to Sirius and crouching in front of him, making Sirius tilt his head forward to look at Remus.

“ 'm listening to music.”

“I can hear that, why aren't you sleeping, Angel? It was very cold without you.” He said, brushing hair out of his face and looking at his tinted cheeks.

“I had a bad dream.”

“Why didn't you wake me up, baby.” He asked, and Sirius just looked up at him, looking like he did something wrong.

“You're pretty when you sleep.” He whispered, puckering his lips and Remus leaned down pressing a brief kiss onto his lips, tasting fire whiskey, smiling at Sirius.

He closed the bottle, lifting it up to the table. “You got to find a better way to sort out your problems.” Remus said, shaking his head, smiling at Sirius and straightening up and going to sit on the couch behind Sirius.

Sirius got up for the floor, hearing a new song starting to play. He closed his eyes for a moment to fight off the dizziness before he walked over to Remus.

“Dance with me.” Sirius asked sweetly, offering Remus his hand.

“You're drunk and won't remember it anyway.”

“Tipsy. But nothing to do with this. Dance with me, moons.” He smiled, even more, when Remus took his hand and let himself be pulled up from the couch.

Sirius wrapped his arms around Remus' neck and Remus' hands wrapped around his waist.
Sirius started to gently sway them back and forth, humming along the song at the same time.

He looked Remus in the eyes, smiling like an idiot. “You have really pretty eyes.” Remus shook his head with a similar smile on his lips as he looked at Sirius.

Remus pressed his forehead against Sirius', enjoying the moment, even though he knew Sirius wouldn't most likely remember this in the morning.

After a while of just staring at each other, and dancing, Sirius stumbled over something, falling backwards to the couch, landing Remus on his lap. Sirius started to giggle, and Remus couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

He smiled at the sweet, somewhat loud giggles escaping Sirius' mouth. He climbed off Sirius' lap, sitting down next to the boy. After the giggles quieted down, Sirius was panting and his cheeks were even more tinted than before as he rested his head on Remus' shoulder.

“I love you.” Sirius said, drawing out the sentence, making a small chuckle leave Remus' mouth.

“I love you too, baby.” He smiled, brushing some hair out of Sirius' eyes. “Let's head back to bed, yeah? You've got a couple of hours to sleep that off before classes.” Remus said, sitting up, and taking Sirius' hand, pulling him up from the couch and along with him to their dorm.

~~

It was lunchtime when Sirius finally crawled out of bed and into the great hall. Remus had tried to wake him up, but he just lifted his blankets up and flipped him off.

Remus looked at the boy who sat next to him in the great hall, his hair was a mess, he didn't have his tie, and he looked as if he didn't know his own name anymore.

“Good morning, sleeping beauty.” Remus chuckled, and Sirius glanced at him.

“Oh shut up.” He mumbled. “My head's killing me.” He groaned, resting his head on the table. Remus brushed some hair away from Sirius face, tucking it behind his ear.

James coughed to get attention from both of them, Remus looked at him cocking an eyebrow and Sirius lifted his head up from the table.

“I think I have something both of you would like to see.” He announced, with a playful smirk on his lips. Sirius' eyes widened in confusion and Remus was trying to think what James did this time.

James fished out something from his pocket, while Peter made room in the middle of the table. James laid out a stack of polaroid photos on the table, he smiled, looking at them and waiting for their reaction.

There were pictures of him and Sirius dancing in the common room, Remus looked closer to them, trying to figure out how James had taken them without him noticing because Sirius wouldn't have noticed either way. The pictures were clearly taken from the staircase that led to their dorm.

“You took pictures of us?” Remus asked and James nodded looking at him, as Remus picked up the photos, and tucking them into his pocket because he didn't want James to have them.

“We danced?” Sirius asked, even more confused, looking at Remus.

“It was your idea.” Remus smiled, and Sirius rested his head back on the table, trying to remember the events of last night. “And it was pretty sweet, to be honest, although you were drunk off your ass.”

A/N: This is the shortest thing I've written in a while, and probably happiest thing in a while. Oh and i don't really like this, but yeah happy is not my thing :)))

how does this book have so many reads? I couldn't believe when it got the first like three hundred and now it's almost four thousand thank you for reading and or commenting really means a lot <333