medicine time

TW: nothing, I think? I mean just some talk about being sick but nothing actually happens (like throwing up)

Also I know Trelawney (probably) wasn't a teacher back in their days, but it was just easier for me to write that way.

The little signs of the upcoming full moon had started slowly that day. When he first woke up, the morning sun coming through the window was just a tad bit too much, and his back had ached a bit more than normally in the mornings. The different smells didn't start to annoy him until lunch, and the potions lesson after that was horrible. He tried to ignore it the best he could, but when the barely noticeable headache he had had since transfigurations had turned into a pounding one by the fifth, he couldn't ignore it anymore.

He was glad that it was Friday, meaning he could just stay in bed in the dark until Monday once he was done with lessons. But the fact that it was this bad on a Friday when the moon wasn't full until Monday, told him something he didn't really want to know.

The last lesson was divination, climbing the many steps made him feel dizzy, so much so that he had to steady himself against the stone wall before climbing the ladder up to the classroom after James. Sirius followed behind him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder when the smells of different herbs and perfumes off the classroom hit him.

“Alright?” He asked, looking worriedly at Remus, who nodded slightly, giving him a small smile after a minute. Sirius nodded, grabbing Remus' hand and pulling him further into the classroom, looking for the table James and Peter had picked; it was in the back of the class, in the darkest corner. They were pretty much sure that Trelawney didn't even see that far. Well, at least they hadn't been told off for sleeping in class in that corner, or not participating in whatever nonsense she was teaching.

Remus took a seat in one of the armchairs, throwing off the burgundy see—through scarf that had probably been forgotten there. The scarf smelled so much like perfume that it made James cough when it was thrown his way.

Sirius rested their hands on the armrest of the chair as he dug out his divination book, just for good measure if Trelawney happened to walk by their table. Remus dug out his books too, along with his notes and quill, but just set them down on his lap, not bothering to even look like he was doing something.

For once, he was glad of the dim lighting of the classroom, usually it bothered him as he couldn't see what he was writing or reading, but today it didn't. It would be perfect, but the scent of the herbs made him want to throw up and her high misty voice sounded more annoying than normally.

Remus could feel Sirius' thumb slowly rubbing small circles on his wrist, he appreciated it, it gave him something else to think about. Even though all the scents annoyed his heightened senses and irritated his nose, it still made him quite tired and after a while he couldn't help but close his eyes, resting his head on his arms on the armrest. Before he actually fell asleep, he could feel Sirius start to play with his hair, it felt nice, and comforting.

Remus never slept in class, never. No matter how tired or sick he was, he'd never fall asleep in class. But there he was now, dead asleep, a few minutes after resting his head down. Sirius looked at his boyfriend, feeling so bad for what he had to go through and just for him. Even though he was sleeping, Sirius continued to play with his hair, barely listening to what the professor was teaching them about palmistry.

When the class had finally dragged to the end, Sirius gently shook Remus awake, who groaned, even though sleeping had helped just slightly. “C'mon moons get up, let's go to our dorm.” Sirius whispered, and Remus opened his eyes, looking around confused before he realized where he was. He blinked a few times before getting up, letting Sirius grab his hand again and lead him out of the class.