always there

TW: Depression, eating disorder
AN: idk what this is but hope you like it :)

“C'mon Sirius baby, wake up.” Remus whispered softly, Sirius stirred, but just buried himself deeper to Remus' side. He knew Sirius didn't want to get up, probably didn't have the energy to do anything today, but they had a couple of tests today they needed to go to.

“I don't want to.” Sirius mumbled, sniffling a bit. Remus started to card his fingers through Sirius' tangled curls, hoping he wouldn't start to cry because it was almost impossible to say no to.

“I know, I know. But I promise as soon as we're done with our classes, we'll come up here and cuddle, yeah?” He felt Sirius nod against him, and he kissed the boy's hair. “Let's get up then.” He said, getting himself up and pulling Sirius with himself.

“How are we feeling today?” He asked, leading him to the bathroom.

“I don't know, sleepy?” He said, taking his toothbrush and looking down to the floor, already feeling like it's not going to be a great day.

"'kay, something else?” Sirius shrugged, glancing up at Remus, before looking back down to the floor. “It's alright, want me to do your hair? Maybe braids or a ponytail or a bun?”

Sirius nodded shyly, he liked when Remus did his hair. “Ponytail?” He asked, knowing he wouldn't get a straight answer from Sirius. Sirius shook his head.

“Braids?” He asked, probably knowing that it was what Sirius wanted. And he was right, after a moment Sirius modded, glancing up at him and finishing brushing his teeth.

“Sit down for me.” He said, and Sirius did as told. “Thank you baby.” Remus smiled, gently starting to brush through Sirius' tangled hair from the night.

He talked to Sirius as he started to make the braids. About nothing important really, he just talked because it made Sirius calm down and not to think about the stuff that was constantly in his mind.

“All done.” He whispered, wrapping his arms around his shoulders and kissing his cheek. He started to brush his teeth as Sirius got up, running his hand down the braids, giving a small smile to Remus.

“Thank you, moons.” He said, before walking out of the room, going to find his uniform. He was trying to tie his tie when Remus walked out of the bathroom. He finally got it tied as Remus dressed up, he left it loose like he did every morning, just because.

“Let's head to breakfast then, right?” He asked, swinging his bag over his shoulder. Sirius glanced at James, who had just got out of bed and was about to throw a pillow at Peter.

“Shouldn't we-.”

“I think they'll be fine on their own, for this once.” Remus grinned, handing Sirius his bag and taking his hand. Knowing it'll take longer to eat with Sirius, that's why he always woke him up earlier, so he'd have time to get ready at his own pace and didn't have to get stressed and anxious over it.

When they sat down in the great hall, Sirius let go of remus' hand and started to play with his fingers. “What do you want, angel?” He whispered softly, but Sirius just shook his head, already holding back tears. “Oh, baby, I know. Just something small, please.” He said, placing his hand on Sirius' thigh and rubbing small circles on it.

Sirius looked up at Remus then around him, making sure no one sees him like this. He rested his head down to the remus' shoulder and took a couple of deep breaths. Looking down at the table.

“Some toast?” Remus asked, and Sirius nodded, lifting his head up. Remus took one slice of toast and spread some butter on it, then handing it to Sirius.