snuggles

Sirius was sprawled on one of the couches In front of the fire, James was sitting on an armchair across from him, talking about quidditch and tomorrow's match, Peter was in the kitchens going to get something and Remus was in the library studying with Lily.

It was already getting late and Sirius was getting somewhat sleepy. The common room started to empty as students excused themselves to go to bed. Peter came back, but he decided to go straight to bed, and James decided to follow him.

"M'good, I'll wait for Moony.” He smiled at James when he got up with a questioning look on his face. James nodded before walking up to their dorm.

It wasn't long until Remus came to the now empty common room. Sirius had closed his eyes, but opened them when he heard someone coming closer. He smiled as he saw Remus, looking at him as he set down his bag next to the couch.

Remus sat down on the couch, looking at his boyfriend, before laying down and resting his head on Sirius' stomach and wrapping his arms loosely around his waist. Sirius' hand went immediately into his hair, starting to play with his soft curls.

“Everything alright moony?” Sirius asked, a little concerned because Remus wasn't often like this.

“Mhm just sleepy and need cuddles.” He mumbled, relaxing into Sirius' touch. “Why'd you ask?”

“Because you started cuddling me as soon as you came here.” Sirius chuckled, smiling at Remus, who in his eyes looked really pretty.

“I can stop.” Remus said playfully, lifting his head to look at Sirius.

“Noo, I like your cuddles.” He whined, smiling as Remus laid his head back down. “I think I need them to survive.” Remus let out a tired and a breathy laugh.

“Me too.” He mumbled, nuzzling his face to Sirius' stomach. Sirius smiled, playing with his hair.

After a while of just enjoying each other's presence and embrace, Remus lifted his head, looking at Sirius who had once again closed his eyes, but he wasn't sleeping. He looked at Remus, smiling.

“You look so cute and cuddly.” He said, ruffling Remus' hair, who blushed, hiding his face to Sirius' stomach. Mumbling something that sounded very much like, “I'm not” Sirius let out a laugh.

“Yes you are, so come here, I need proper cuddles.” He said, opening his arms for Remus to cuddle up closer to him.

He lazily snuggled up to Sirius resting his head on his shoulder, nuzzling his nose to Sirius neck, which led to Sirius letting out a breathy and tired laugh. Remus draped his arm over Sirius' chest, drawing mindless patterns to his side. Sirius continued to play with Remus' hair, and closed his eyes once again, just being happy with Remus there.

“Did you do anything interesting today?” Sirius asked, he mostly knew what he had done, but asked anyway.

“Not really.” he mumbled. “Although, I found a new book while I was studying with Lily.”

“What is it about?”

“It's about a girl who moves to a countryside, to a haunted village, which she doesn't believe is haunted, but then strange things start to happen, and she finds this guy who actually is dead, and she just sees things.” Remus explained, yawning a couple of times.

“Sounds a bit scary, but I'm sure it's a good book.” Sirius smiled, messing with Remus' hair a bit.

"How was practice?” He asked. “And did you finish that essay?'

“Practice was good, it was a little windy, though I hope tomorrow's not rainy. No, I didn't, I think I need your help.”

“You just want my answers.”

“Nuh uh, I need help.”

“For some reason I'm not believing you here, Sirius.” Sirius let out a chuckle, and Remus smiled. “But let's look at it tomorrow, yeah?”

“Yeah, I'm tired anyway.” Sirius said, resting his cheek on remus' head.

“You wanna go up to bed?” Remus asked, looking at him, not really wanting to get up. Sirius shook his head.

“I'm perfectly comfortable here.” Sirius mumbled, placing a kiss on the crown of his head where his cheek was pressed on. Remus hummed in agreement, snuggling closer to Sirius, kissing his neck in return, before closing his eyes as well, just enjoying being there.

“Rem?” He whispered after a while, he knew neither of them were sleeping, his hand was still playing with Remus' hair; he could still feel Remus drawing shapes to his sides, even though his movements had become slower.

“Mhm yeah?”

“Do you ever think about the future?” Remus lifted his head, looking at Sirius with a somewhat confused expression on his face. “Do you ever think about what we're gonna do after school or if there is a we or anything like that.” Sirius explained, he didn't know we're all this was coming from maybe it was just tiredness talking, but sometimes he did think about those things.

“Yeah.” Remus whispered, smiling softly at him. “I think there's a we in the future, do you?" Remus asked, not being sure if he wanted to know the answer if Sirius was talking about him thinking differently.

“Yeah, and I hope there is. But y'know, you never know, and that's something I hate, not knowing.”

“I know, but let's not think about that right now.” Remus said, leaning towards him and planting a chaste kiss on his lips. “I love you, Angel.” He whispered, after Pulling away just slightly, but not too far away.

“I love you too, moons.” He smiled, kissing him one more time. “We should head upstairs though, it's getting late. I don't mind staying here, but your back is gonna start to hurt.”

Remus nodded, getting up, taking both of Sirius' hands and pulling him up with him. Letting go of one and lacing their fingers together on the other. He grabbed his bag, before starting to lead them up to their dorm.

Sirius leaned into remus' side as they walked up the stairs. Trying to be quiet when they got to their dorm, Remus set his bag down on a chair and chuckled tiredly at Sirius' actions as he flopped down on the bed tying his hair in a messy bun, and starting to fight off his shirt, just to throw it on the floor.

Remus shook his head, before changing out of his uniform and into a soft yellow jumper he liked to wear to bed, as well as some joggers. He crawled in the bed next to Sirius. Sighing as his head finally hit the pillow.

Sirius planted a chaste kiss on his lips before resting his head on remus' chest. Remus' arms wrapped around him as their legs got tangled together.

“Goodnight, moony, I love you.” Sirius whispered, through a yawn. He breathed in deeply, the most comforting scent in the world, just feeling all warm and safe where he was in Remus' arms.

“I love you Angel, goodnight, sweet dreams.” He said, kissing the top of his head, before closing his eyes. For some odd reason, he always waited for Sirius to fall asleep before him.

A/N: thanks to everyone who's read my fics, i can't believe this book has 1.8 reads, just thanks :)
I'd pretty much appreciate fic ideas, because my head's empty.