Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"You have a very... Unusual past." I snorted. "If you think that's unusual. Try explaining why I've had to kill her three times." He looked shocked. "How us that possible?" "Don't ask me." he smiled and we headed down into the tunnel. I asked Azura to help the guards. She promised to stay alert and I headed down the stairs after the others. Someone grabbed my arm causing me to react immediately grabbing their wrist and flipping them over. "Woah there. I didn't mean to startle you." said a man with red hair and the legs of a goat. (I'm not to good with the mythical creature names. I get the name non-memory from my dad.) I apologized and helped him up just as Aiden rushed up to me. "Are you alright?" I nodded and rolled my eyes. "I'm fine, Mother." he shushed me and tossed me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I demanded and pounded on his back. He ignored me however and simply carried me down the stairs to a room. It was filled with people and I ordered Aiden to put me down. He set me down lightly. I smacked his shoulder. And turned to the people who were apparently staring with interest at me. "Who are you?" "Charlotte Elaine Doyle. Alpha." "Alpha?" multiple people asked at the same time. "I'm a girl yes and I'm a werwolf with the alpha gene so alpha." they didn't question me further as Peter had started speaking. They were arguing about whether or not we should storm the castle or hide. I saw a mouse talking and I must say I was very surprised. I cocked my head to the side like a dog. "He's so adorable." I told Aiden. The mouse whirled around with his sword drawn. "Who said that." "Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. Perhaps handsome is a better word for it?" I asked. I swear if mice could blush he would be. I was about to ask him something but Taylor contacted me telepathaticly and told me I needed to get my butt back home. "He has terrible timing." "Who?" "One of the members of my pack needs me back home. I wish you the best of Luck in your battle. I walked outside and opened the portal and walked through. Azura Aiden and the others followed me closely. We ended up in the backyard. We walked into the house where Wendy was sitting in the living room with Taylor. Our parents were sitting across from them on the couch. We entered the room and Wendy burst out. "I'm pregnant!" she squealed. I smiled but I could tell by the looks on their faces that it didn't reach my eyes. "I'm sorry." I ran out of the house and shifted. I raced off into the woods. I found a boulder and laid down on it and cried. I missed her so much. I never even got a chance to see her. My poor baby. After a while I went back to the house where Charlie was standing on the porch with everyone else. "Sorry about that." "I understand." Wendy said and wrapped me into her arms. Aiden quickly took her place when she stepped back. I leaned into him. "This may not be the best time to tell you this but me and Jessica are going to move away. To start a family." I smiled as brightly as i could manage and Fury looked almost guilty. And Drew looked even more guilty. "We found a boarding school that we want to go to. It's near here." my heart was breaking at the thought of them leaving. I hugged her tightly. "I don't want to deprive you of your highschool years." I squeezed her tightly one last time before doing the same to Drew. 'We'll always visit.' I smiled my thanks to him and mom called us in for dinner. I didn't eat very much and Aiden worried like a mother hen. What was making him so stinkin' protective. Later that night when we were in bed Aiden asked me a hard question for me to answer. "It's always puzzled me." "What?" "Why did you run way from me the day we met?" I swallowed the lump of hatred and sorrow that was rising in my throat. "My grandpa was a werewolf as you know. His mate, my grandma, was very young when she had my mother they got married to cover it up but even though they were mates the only thing they did was fight. One day my grandma took all of her stuff and tossed it in a cab she threw her ring on the floor at his feet and said the words with an icy voice that turned him into an empty shell. 'Your the biggest mistake I ever made.' those we the last words she said to him. He lived for a year after thy but he never even talked except to warn us that mates are hateful. It's the only thing I remember about him other than what he looks like. To tell you the truth I was scared silly that you might do the same to me. I know now that you would never hurt me. Plus the whole Jason thing put me on edge in the realm of boys. I never thought I would have a mate. I thought I would end up living single. Not that I minded. I love you more than anything though. I would never change my life." he seemed surprised that my grandma did that. "Wasn't it painful for her?" "She met some witch apparently who knew a spell for breaking mate bonds. She just left him to die by himself." "I will never leave you." I snuggled into him and smiled to myself. "I know. Even if you wanted to ditch me I don't think Maggie or your mom would go for that." he chuckled slightly vibrating against my back. I turned and kissed him lightly on the lips. He chuckled and wrapped his arms tightly around me. I rested my head on his shoulder and drifted off to sleep. I was startled awake the next morning by being pounced on by Fury. "What?" "aren't you going to wish us all good luck and say goodbye. I saw the others outside and got out of bed. I ran downstairs and hugged Charlie. I didn't know what to think. We were hanging out in the living room with my parents a few hours later after having alot of tearful goodbyes and good lucks.I was sitting in Aidens lap and fiddling with his hair. "What are your plans?" my mother asked me. "I was thinking of settling down like the others and raising a few children." he beamed at me brightly. "You better start having some grandbabies for me. I need more than just one to satisfy my need for little children." I smiled at her but bit my lip. I leaned back and found comfort in Aiden. I can't wait till he becomes a daddy. He's gentle and kind but has an edge on occasion. I smiled and slipped into sleep and sweet dreams while he and my parents talked. I woke up in bed with Aiden laying next to me watching me sleep. "Montana." "What?" I asked. "Let's move to Montana. It's out in the country and not a city. I visited there multiple times on trips with my family and its beautiful.

I know it's short but I'm bored of typing and want to watch a movie. I'll update soon. Elaine with my itouch I can't tell how long it is but I dont think it's very long.