Chapter Thirty-One

"It's not work?" I asked

"It's not work?" I asked. "Is it?"

Dorian's shoulder leant against the door frame.

"Do you want to come in?" He asked, ignoring my questions.

I pushed past him and stormed into the room. Once I was inside, I stopped in my steps only to take in the little details of him all over the place. Hanging on the wardrobe doors was a suit carrier. If I opened the cupboard doors, I was bound to see the other suits he had, as well as the more casual side of him.

His closed MacBook was on the small desk in the corner of the room. The charger was plugged in, giving it more power for any more meetings or work-related things Dorian has to sort through.

As I turned back around, I spotted his cologne, watch, and phone on the bedside table nearest to the adjacent wall.

My eyes wandered over to him. I looked at him properly this time, taking in those grey sweatpants and a loose-fitting white t-shirt. God, he definitely knew how most women felt about grey sweatpants. Unfortunately, I was part of the 'most women' group.

"You know," Dorian began. "I thought you wouldn't come."

"Well, I wasn't going to..." I said. "But I'm pissed and annoyed with you."

"Oh?" He asked with a raised brow.

I scoffed. "Oh?" I repeated. "Is that what you have to say? You've been avoiding me! Using work as an excuse! You're being an asshole. A few days ago, you told me you loved me and now it seems as though you don't give a shit about me. Like, you don't even care about me. You've closed yourself off from me. And I have said to you, Dorian, that you can tell me what's wrong. but you won't!"

Silence filled the room.

"Did you seriously call me an asshole?" He said, raising both his eyebrows in surprise.

"Yes, I did!" Was that the only thing he cared about? My hands were on my hips, ready for him to make his point and argue back.

He shook his head, running his hand through his dark blonde hair.

"You really want to know how I feel?" His voice grew louder.

"Yes," I shouted louder.

"You are the only woman that I have ever loved this way." He yelled. "I do care about you. I care more about you than any other person I have cared about. This is probably concerning because I have a younger brother who will rely on me in the future. I have never felt this way about anyone. So, for you to come in and say things like that, Alena..."

He let out a heavy breath before looking at me with those sky-blue eyes.

"You have been in my mind from the moment I first saw you."

Silent. That's what I was.

"That night I was in the gallery. That night you came in with that metal pole ready to attack... You were wearing that little red dress. I have been thinking about that night every time I see you. The way your back was pressed against me. The way you smelt like heaven, and my god you always smell like heaven... Jesus Christ, I sound like a creep!" He exclaimed, pinching the bridge of his nose.