Chapter Six

The Lounge was one of the places that anyone could come in and enjoy

The Lounge was one of the places that anyone could come in and enjoy. As soon as people walked through the rusty door and down the eerie cold steps, they would be greeted by a place that was filled with warmth, joy and great music. People would raise their glasses to the different acts and singers and shout for more encores and performances. The infectious songs and people dancing around made it worth the visit. But, that was only in the evenings. During the day, the bar staff would be cleaning glasses and setting the tables for their guests to come. It was only open to a few people during the day. The owner (who was Jacob), the owner's family and friends (which Beth and I were a part of), and some investors.

I had taken a seat at the bar and was going over the notes I had made from the meeting. My mind wondered back to the elevator and sitting beside Dorian. There was something that left me goosebumps on my arms. My thoughts were cut when I heard the sound of footsteps and Beth shout a hello. I turned to her and saw her wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a white graphic tee. Her sunglasses were placed on her head and her clutch was in her hands.

"How are you not hungover?" I asked in wonder.

"My wonderful boyfriend gave me some aspirin and a greasy ass breakfast!" She said, placing her clutch on the bar and climbing onto the stool beside me. "To be honest I wonder how I'm still alive and thriving."

I wondered as well. We both knew she could not handle her liquor.

"One pot of tea please!" She demanded loudly. "And don't you dare microwave that water Billy or I swear-"

"Beth!" I exclaimed with a warning tone. I turned to Billy with an apologetic look

"Alright!" She said with her hands in mock defence. "Something is up, so spill!"

"I'm great! Thanks for asking. You owe me for the drinks last night by the way."

She stared at me in silence with a straight face and took out a twenty-dollar bill from her pocket.

"Not funny," She said, slamming the note on the table. "I know something has happened and I'm dying for you to tell me!"

"I was planning to tell you anyways." I said with a playful smile. Billy came back with a pot of tea and two teacups for the both of us.

"Did you boil the water?" Beth asked with glowering tone.

"I put it in a kettle and waited for it to whistle!" Billy squealed with his hands up.

"Thanks Billy," I acknowledged.

"Anything for my Boss' girlfriend and friend." He said with a wave.

"Why are you so harsh on him?" I turned to Beth.

"Why is he such an idiot?"

I shook my head at her remark and started to put the sugar cubes into the cups.