Chapter Twenty-Three

My finger traced pointless patterns on the top of Dorian's shirt

My finger traced pointless patterns on the top of Dorian's shirt. The both of us were on top of the chequered blanket. Empty plates and glasses were dotted around and I was lying in the crook of his left arm, letting the food coma take over my body. My eyes fluttered up to his face, seeing that he was drifting off.

I couldn't imagine how much stress he was under at work. The amount of meetings he had. Sometimes it felt like he barely had time for himself yet, somehow, he had organised a picnic for the two of us. Albeit the rain stopped us from relaxing at the park, but I wouldn't change the both of us here in the gallery.

"Don't stop," Dorian muttered as I rested my hand on his torso.

I smiled, pressing my lips against his neck. "I'm gonna have to."

His fingers grazed my arms as he turned towards the kisses I planted on his throat.

"Alena," He murmured. I could feel the vibrations of his voice against my lips as I continued to press butterfly kisses to his throat.

"Relax Dorian," I murmured against his skin. Taking a deep breath in and pressing another kiss, I could smell his cologne on him. God, he smelt so good. It was a combination of wood and something spicy. I couldn't put my finger on it.

His fingers brushed the strands of my hair. I could feel his fingers twirl the ends. I didn't mind him playing with me like this. I loved his fingers on me and in me.

I looked up at his face as he bent down to me. His nose brushed against mine as his lips tried to find mine. I wanted to him to kiss me again. I wanted his lips on me.

But the universe had other suggestions.

The sound of both our phones ringing filled the air. I rolled my eyes at the shrill of them both

"Is it just me or do you notice every time I'm in the gallery with you, both of our phone's ring?" He muttered with annoyance as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's only happened once," I mused, pushing out of his grip. "Do you want to take yours to the studio?"

"Might as well." He said, picking himself up and pulling his phone from his inner jacket pocket.

"It's Beth."

"It's Yak." The both of us said simultaneously.

"You don't think the wedding is off, do you?" I asked, my heart beating hard.

"No," Dorian said with reassurance. "They love each other too much to do that."

He headed straight for the back studio as he answered his call.

I looked down at my screen and pressed the green answer button on my screen.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked immediately.

"Hey babes, yeah, everything is great." Beth said in a sing-song voice.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah..."