Cheng Zhou scratched his head, why did he suddenly feel as if he had forgotten something?

  As soon as he turned his eyes and saw the chicken coop in the yard, he suddenly remembered the pheasant in the basket, rushed into the kitchen and shouted, "Auntie, keep the chicken under the knife!"

  Ge Xiufang who is cooking: "..."

  Ge Cuihua: "..."

  "What kind of chicken?" Hearing that, Ge Xiufang put down the spatula and took the basket from her mother-in-law's hand in surprise.

  Ge Cuihua deliberately didn't go to see Cheng Zhou, and she got angry when she saw it! Little bunny!

  To Ge Xiufang, he said, "It's a pheasant. It can't be kept in the heat. Let's just smear it with salt and marinate it, so it can be kept longer."

  Cheng Zhou was stunned, and boldly interjected, "Auntie, you agreed to eat pheasant chicken in the afternoon."

  Ge Cuihua lifted her eyelids, and her faint eyes glanced over. Cheng Zhou immediately cowarded, and shut up decisively, as quiet as a chicken.

  Okay, I can't eat pheasant meat today, but I can eat it tomorrow.

  At least in the afternoon, you can eat roasted sparrows to temporarily relieve your hunger.

  Only then did Ge Xiufang notice the look on her mother-in-law's pulled down face, and glanced at Cheng Zhou over her mother-in-law.

  Cheng Zhou winked desperately, and his delicate eyebrows were curled and wrinkled into a ball, looking very funny.

  Ge Xiufang laughed and said, "Mother, why are you angry? Did the boat make you unhappy?"

  "Little bastard, don't fight for three days, go to the house and uncover the tiles."

  Ge Xiufang covered her mouth and smiled, unable to hold back her thoughts of gossip, "Mother, what's the matter?"

  "He wants to rent a house in the county seat." Ge Cuihua said concisely.

  "Going to rent a house in the county?" Ge Xiufang asked in surprise, "Xiaozhou, why do you suddenly want to live in the county?"

  Cheng Zhou explained flatly: "Sister-in-law, I just want to go to the city to find a job. I can't just stay at home and eat and drink for free, right?"

  "What do you eat and drink for free, is it that some eight-in-law in the village said something in front of you?" Ge Xiufang said angrily.

  Cheng Zhou shook his head in denial, "No, sister-in-law, no one is gossiping about me. I just have nothing to do, I want to go out and find a job to pass the time and earn a salary by the way."

  Ge Xiufang also did not believe that Cheng Zhou could find a job, and beat him: "Xiaozhou, it is not easy to find a job in the city."

  Cheng Zhou retorted: "I just want to try it, what if I find it?"

  Ge Xiufang told him: "Dali was a high school graduate and didn't even find a job in the city. You are new here, how can you find a job? Is there a way?"

  Ge Cuihua didn't speak, took out a pheasant in the back basket, put it in a bamboo basket by itself, covered it with a bamboo grate, and handed it directly to Cheng Zhou.

  Cheng Zhou stretched out his hand to take the bamboo basket, and continued to speak boldly, "Sister-in-law, I really don't have a way out now, but I can definitely find it."

  He didn't believe that if he smashed money and tickets, he couldn't even get a job opportunity?

  Ge Xiufang's thoughts changed slightly. If her younger cousin really finds a job in the city and his household registration is moved to the city, wouldn't he be an urbanite? At that time, she might be able to pull her home Wanshun!

  "Mother, isn't it just going to live in the city? It's only half a day's effort to go back and forth, and it's not far, and Xiaozhou is no longer a child, let him try it. In case he really finds a job and is stable in the city Come down, isn't that a good thing?"

  Ge Cuihua said angrily, "What good thing? How can good things come so easily?"

  A smell of burnt food came over, and Cheng Zhou moved his nose, "Cousin, is the dish burnt?"

  Ge Xiufang reacted in an instant and was in a hurry in front of the stove: "Oh, I forgot, it was all tossed by you. Hurry out and talk about it later, don't make trouble."

  Cheng Zhou hugged the bamboo basket and took the opportunity to slip away, "Auntie, then I'm going to send pheasants to the big head's family now."

  Ge Cuihua didn't give him a good look, "Go away."

  "Hey, wait," Ge Xiufang hurriedly scooped out the fried vegetables from the pot, stopped him and asked, "What kind of pheasants are you sending?"

  Ge Cuihua said: "The pheasant was caught by Xiaozhou, and he said he wanted to give one to the big head's family."

  Ge Xiufang was in pain, frowned and said to Cheng Zhou, "Is it too expensive to send a pheasant? Xiaozhou, I'm afraid that if you send it over, the big-headed mother won't accept it."

  Meat is rarer than grain these days.

  Some of the food for the New Year is ground into fine noodles, so that we can give our children a taste every other month. Meat is not enough. At the end of the year, only when the team in the New Year's village kills pigs, each household can be given a small bowl of meat. Relieve your cravings.

  As for the pigs raised at home, they are task pigs to be handed in and cannot be killed. There are also chickens, which can't be moved. They have to keep their eggs for nourishment for Tiedan Xiaoya. The extra eggs can also be exchanged for money at the supply and marketing cooperative.

  The more I think about it, the more distressed I feel for the pheasant I sent out.

  Seeing the pained look on his face, Cheng Zhou smiled and said, "Sister-in-law, I said I would give it to you before, and I didn't give it for nothing."

  Ge Xiufang's eyes lit up, "If you don't give it for nothing, you just paid for it?"

  "No. Aunt Chunhua is very good at making shoes. I want to ask her to make two pairs for me. This pheasant is just enough to cover the rags for shoes."

  "That shoe lady and I can do it. I'll make it for you when I have time, so don't give it away—"

  Ge Cuihua interrupted impatiently: "Xiaozhou, ignore what your cousin-in-law said, hurry up and deliver it."

  My daughter-in-law is good at everything, but she doesn't know much about the world, she is always stingy and cares about food, and she is reluctant to spread it to others.

  Cheng Zhou lifted his foot and left, "Okay, Auntie, then I'll go over."

  Ge Cuihua said coolly, "Go, come back and settle the account with you."

  Cheng Zhou: "..." Okay, he knew it wasn't that easy.