•5•

•Finns pov•

I pulled a few strings for this date with the help of my boys. We were getting closer to the destination and I was getting more nervous.
We had the radio on and one of my favorite songs came on.

I started singing and Rachel had this sparkle in her eye and joined me.

(Song starts)

"Faithfully"

Highway run
into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind

Restless hearts sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love along the wire

They say that the road ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line it's been you and me
And loving a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be

Oh, boy, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

Circus life under the big top world
We all need the clowns to make us smile

Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am lost without you

And being apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you

Oh, girl, you stand by me!
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Faithfully
I'm still yours
I'm still yours
I'm still yours
Faithfully

(Song ends)

I looked over at her and smiled and she smiled back. Her voice was amazing. She was going to make it big.

By the way Puck described her I don't think she would be able to because of her record. I'll have to ask her about why she "changed".

We pulled up to a park. I got out and walked over to Rachel's door and opened it. She thanked me and kissed my cheek.

I blushed but looked down and and grabbed her hand leading her further into the park. After a few minutes of walking we approached our candle light dinner.

I rented out the park and got a table in my special place at the park. I have linen down on the table and a candle in the middle.

I have a chair on each side of the table. On top of the table there's two plates,two forks,two spoons, two napkins, and two cups.

Next to the candle I put a bottle of sparkling cider for the beverage. On the trees I put Christmas lights so we could see.

Rachel stared at it for a moment and smiled so big. She turned to me and hugged me.

I lead her to the table and pushed in her chair for her after she sat down. On our plates I put something over it so we can't see what's under them.

I knew she was vegan so I made sure everything was meat free. For the appetizer my mom made spicy cabbage slaw, which I found out from Puck that it was Rachel's favorite.

For the main corse -another one of Rachel's favorites- my mom made sopes with refried beans and salsa verde. Rachel really enjoyed her food and we were having a blast.

I asked a question I knew I would most likely regret. Why did I ask it? I don't know....

Finn: You know how your all bad ass and things?
Rachel: Yes...
Finn: Why did you change? Puck told me about how you were an A student and things and would never get in trouble.

Rachel: "Story time! I had a friend... Her name was Quinn Fabray. We did everything together and were never separated. High school came around and she became a cheerleader and cut me out of her life.

She made fun of me and got new friends. Then there was a guy named Kyle... He went to our school... He asked me out and of corse I said yes. No one really gave interest in me so I was surprised.

He was one of the lost popular guys in school so it felt good. We dated for a while about 6 months. He wanted to have sex, I didn't. He tried to force me to have it with him but I always said no. After that he broke up with me.

The next day I came into school and saw Kyle getting money from Quinn. I became suspicious and listened to their conversation. She told him how he did A good job at crushing me. Kyle was just angry he had to "date" me for so long. I was just a bet... After that I was broken. I felt worthless and like I meant nothing to this world.

So I started drinking my problems away. I started smoking weed and got high all the time. I dressed differently and slept with random guys. I never showed up to class and if I did I just made rude comments or sassed the teacher.

The last thing I did before I went to boarding school was go into the principles office and changed my report card grades and hacked into his account to change his passwords and things. My parents were fed up with me and shipped me to boarding school.

I have changed. Sure I still go to party's here and there and get high. I still prank people and have lots of sass but I have changed a lot.

I am honestly grateful for what my parents did or else I could have completely screwed up my life."

She wasn't crying she was just string into my eyes. I didn't know what to say I was shocked. I went over to her and hugged her.

We stayed like that for a while until she pulled away and gave me a genuine smile. She kissed my cheek and sat down.

Rachel: So what about you? How's your past?
Finn: It might be stupid...
Rachel: Try me.

Finn: "Well when I was younger my dad died. I was only a baby, he died from a drug overdose. My mom has been with me threw it all.

I've grown up playing the drums and singing. I was also in glee club! I was the star quarterback of our football team. I've known puck for 4 years and were very close. That's basically it... Told you I'm boring."

Rachel smiled at me.

Rachel: Your not boring. Trust me I don't like boring people and I like you.

I smiled at her. Once we finished dinner and desert we headed out. When we got to her house it was 10:30! I'm so dead.

I walked to her door I was going to open the door to her house when we saw Santana and Puck staring at us.

Rachel: Hey guys!
Santana: I'm bout' to whip yo ass! Go to bed!
Rachel: Goodnight mom. Thank you Finn I had and awesome time, we should do it again! * kisses cheek*

She went upstairs and I was left smiling like an idiot. Puck smirked at me and Santana went to get food.

Puck: She's got you whipped!
Finn: What are you talking about.
Puck: You've never settled down or went on a date since Abby.
Finn: I should tell her about Abby but I don't want to scare her away!

Puck: You didn't tell her about Abby!
Finn: No.
Puck: She's going to flip shit when she finds out.
Finn: I know...

I left the house and went to my car. When I got to my house I opened the door and went straight to my bed.

I sat down thinking how I'm going to tell her about Abby. Then sleep took over me.