🌺You're Beautiful🌺

Start from the beginning

"Honey, why do you think this? You're beautiful, and you know it..You're just too afraid to admit it..What's provoking it..?" Jake asked lowly, turning her face towards his. Hailey winced a bit as an immense flashback suddenly hit her.

----

"Oh look! It's the blue-haired freak!"

"God, she looks like such a snob!"

"It's no wonder she doesn't have a boyfriend. What guy would want to date someone as freaky looking as her!"

"Too bad she's gonna be alone forever..No one would ever want her..

"She's nothing but a freak!"

"Aw, look! She's crying!"

"Even her crying is ugly..!"

13 year old Hailey fled from the scene and ran into the girl's restroom. She found a stall that wasn't occupied and locked herself in. She sat on the toilet seat that was down flat and rested her knees up against her chest before crying heavily into them. She just couldn't take this anymore. The constant bullying she endured, the constant insults people spat at her, the constant ridicule, she was sick of it.

"Is it true..? Am I an ugly freak..? Am I really ugly..?" Hailey questioned herself in her thoughts. She rubbed her eyes, trying her best to wipe away her tears. She wanted to stop crying as soon as possible before anyone caught her.

"Hailey?!"

Hailey's eyes widened upon hearing her name. She then heard knocking on the door that lead into the girl's bathroom. Hailey slowly stood up and opened the stall, looking outside as she glanced at the door.

"Hailey! It's me, Zander..Please come out! You know I can't come in there! Please!" Hailey instantly recognized the voice of her brother and walked over to the door. She opened it and with a sigh, she came out, not making any eye-contact with him.

"Hailey, thank God! Are you okay?! I saw you run in here and..have you been crying?!" Zander exclaimed, cupping both her cheeks as he examined her face.

"Z-Zander, am I..ugly..?" Zander was taken aback at the sudden question his sister had just asked him.

"What?! No! Of course not, sis! You're not ugly at all! For me, you're the most prettiest girl I have ever seen!" Zander replied in shock, holding onto his sister tightly.

"You're just saying that because you're my brother.." Hailey murmured, rubbing her arm.

"Oh, because I'm your brother, it doesn't count?" Zander said, seeing Hailey nod her head in response. "Because I'm your brother, it counts the most because I know you the most. You are not ugly, and anyone who cares to know you will see that.."

Hailey sniffled quietly, another tear streaming down her cheek. "Come here.." Zander whispered to her, bringing the girl into a comforting hug. Hailey hugged him back, snuggling into her brother's warmth that soothed her. Zander rubbed her back, restraining himself from crying. He wanted to put on a brave face for her, no matter how sore his throat was from him holding back his emotions.

----

Hailey sucked in air through her teeth at the memories that had just flooded back to her. She soon brushed them away, leaving her thoughts.

"Hailey?" Jake suddenly spoke, startling his wife slightly. She came back to reality and met Jake's concerned eyes.

"Huh? W-What..?" She said, not realising that she had been zoning out this entire time, recollecting her middle school reminiscence.