Chapter 31- Back to the Duchy!

❝𝗜'𝗺 𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱. 𝗜 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜'𝗺 𝗱𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁.❞

. . .

{POV‐ Narrator}

When Illiana came back to the Ellis Duchy, she wasn't surprised to see an anticipating Duke with a blank face Derrin next to him.

"Dear, you're back! How was your stay in the BloodKnight Duchy?" The tall father exclaimed the first part with much gee, before he asked with a glare in his face that screamed at Illiana 'If they did something, I can kill them all.'.

Ignoring his very concerning look, Illiana smiled warmly at him. "I enjoyed the stay there, father. Thank you for asking." At the words, the Grand Duke gazed heartily at her, small fuzzy pink flowers flowing off behind him as he shone at his daughter.

Derrin looked at the pink flowing off his father in absolute horror before inching away slightly and looking at Illiana, "So, about that picni—"

"Milady!"

Derrin narrowed his eyes, who dare inter–

Oh.

His eyes soften as he sees the person who screamed to be Lily, the caretaker of Illiana since of young age.

Derrin normally wouldn't excuse this behaviour. Ever. But since Illiana cared for this Lady, a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶l̶l̶i̶a̶n̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶, he overlooked it this time.

Lily halted, realizing her current stance and quickly bowed down. "Mi deepest 'pologies, Young Maste'. But..."

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"...I shall kill that bastard if you wish, dear." Derrin nodded along to his father's word. It was quite clear to Illiana that the two were holding back their killer intent by the glare in their faces.

Illiana only sweat dropped with a smile. While Lily, who had her hand to her mouth in horror, was crying comical tears in fear while trembling.

"I agree with father, Illiana. Crown Heir Irreal has gone too far, to break into the Duchy? Moreover, your room? It's horrendous." Derrin frowned irately, though still using respective titles unlike his father.